Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is looking for a Office Administration Assistant on a temporary to permanent basis, located in Westhill, Aberdeen.
To provide an effective administrative service incorporating all aspects of office administration and secretarial support, and to act as deputy to the Office Supervisor in office facilities management matters.
Activities include: management of office facilities issues and arrangements as directed; secretarial support for the Management team and other personnel including drafting and review of documentation, scanning, photocopying, binding, document filing; and organising internal and external meetings/events.
The role also encompasses the arrangement of travel, accommodation, training courses, company medicals, ordering of PPE, management of the mobile phone contract and associated activity and management of office stock control.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the role will involve the provision of Reception cover as required, as well as cover for the tasks of other team members including the PA and Senior Administrator and Office Supervisor during periods of absence.
This is a key role, working together with the Office Supervisor and HR and Business Services Manager to ensure a high level of support within the company offices in Aberdeen.
- Provide support to the Office Supervisor with office facilities management matters, New Start/Leaver process,
- liaison with associates and third parties and any other activities to ensure the smooth running of the office.
- Provide cover for the Office Supervisor during periods of absence
- Provide office administration services that include arrangement of travel and accommodation, ordering of PPE, raising and issuing purchase orders, updating contact lists and Company information, ordering and control of printed stationery including business cards.
- Ensure that the Travel Guide and Admin Manual are kept up to date
- Book training courses and medicals (pre-employment and ongoing) and liaise with providers on requirements as needed.
- Review and maintain the Safety and Vocational training registers
- Manage the company mobile phone contract and associated activities in conjunction with the IT department
- Provide secretarial support to the Management team and other personnel as required including the drafting and review of letters, reports, presentations, spreadsheets and other documentation.
- Also in the preparation and submission of correspondence / documentation filing, scanning, photocopying and binding of documents etc.
- Organise internal and external meetings and videoconferences. Internal - prepare rooms and arrange refreshments, lunches, printing, binding as required.
- External - source a suitable venue and liaise with provider to supply services
- Assist the team with wider events management activities including those linked to the Workforce Engagement Initiatives e.g. social or welfare based events
- For office-related services, check invoices against orders and approve for payment, liaising with the supplier in the event of discrepancies to ensure these are addressed correctly.
- Ensure the Management Costing spreadsheet is kept up to date
- Provide Reception cover for daily short breaks and absences and provide cover for the tasks of the PA & Senior
- Administrator during absence e.g. sickness absence and holiday periods
- Maintain Legal logs and undertake filling for the Legal Department
- Undertake any other responsibilities deemed to be within the capability of the individual as may become evident throughout the course of the employment
- A good level of prior work experience in administration gained in a fast-paced environment in an oil & gas operator or service company
- Previous experience in HR administration and/or office facilities management would be an advantage.
- Qualifications to Standard/Higher Grade in Secretarial Studies or NVQ3 Business Admin. Maths & English Standard Grade passes or equivalent desirable
- Strong administrative skills, the ability to work with minimal supervision and to be able to appreciate and understand key issues and manage them accordingly to meet deadlines
- Solid IT skills, including intermediate/advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Superior planning and organisational skills.
- Is self-motivated, proactive and able to use own initiative
- Has good attention to detail and a mind-set such that high quality work and output is the goal and is delivered consistently
- Has a flexible approach to work, with the will and ability to learn quickly and to adapt to changing circumstances
- Has the ability to deal with difficult and challenging situations in a calm, yet organised manner
- Has confidence and diplomacy in dealing with people
- Has a professional outlook combined with a friendly, confident and open attitude
- Is able to work both independently and as part of a team as the situation dictates.