Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Safety Officer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors. May conduct inspections and recommend enforce actions to ensure adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals or protection of the environment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for field level implementation of health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and guidelines as instructed
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials
- Respond to incidents ensuring safety and treatment of the injured worker
- Ensures correct and immediate reporting of incident through QHSE channels
- Investigate incidents to identify causes and to determine how such incidents might be prevented in the future
- Monitor and maintains DOT and OSHA compliance, maintain OSHA employee files
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with HSE standards and government regulations Measure progress toward the attainment of safety goals
- Conduct HSE training and education programs, and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations, and develop materials for these presentations.
- Collaborate with engineers and physicians to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Strong commitment to Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE)
- Shows a positive work ethic /attitude
- Admirable interpersonal skills conveyed in a pleasant and professional manner when interacting with
- employees, management, and customers
- Skilled in applying problem-solving techniques to complications that may arise
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities with tight deadlines
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with a high attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office desktop applications
- High School Diploma or equivalent Required
- Associate Degree or College Degree preferred
- 3-5 years construction, industrial or oilfield HSE related experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in an advisory capacity regulations
Physical Job Demands:
- Exposure to weather - Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather
- Atmospheric Conditions - Exposure to conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, and gases
- HSE District Manager
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Pumpco Energy Services delivers hydraulic fracturing services for multi-stage horizontal and zipper frac well completions. Our frac fleets are built on a consistent, dependable equipment configuration that is customized for the large proppant volumes pumped in today's unconventional basins. Pumpco also delivers a wide range of fluid chemistries based on customer preference and completion design.
Since inception, Pumpco has developed long-standing relationships with top-tier Independent E&P's, and we are widely recognized for our outstanding customer service and long-term partnerships. We collaborate with our customers' completion/engineering/asset teams to deliver efficient well completions, supporting their goals of generating competitive returns and predictable production growth. Pumpco creates value for our customers by maximizing pump time, consistently getting the most pounds of proppant pumped and optimizing field development.
Pumpco is a Superior Energy Services Company.