Skills: Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
1) Lead, manage and facilitate the Major Maintenance & Shutdown Maintenance Activities in PU1 (Area 1), leading team of multi-disciplinary engineering personnel and its contractors to provide an effective, efficient and economic maintenance service.
2) The main tasks are to work jointly in close cooperation with Area 1 operation and technology ensuring the delivery of all major maintenance and shutdown activities to ensure the integrity, reliability and availability the plant units and related facilities to support the PU1 Production Units.
3) Plan and execute Plant Change Request timely and within budget
4) To develop the major maintenance and inspection strategies jointly with operations, engineering, technology, E&S and other stakeholders, including contractors that will support minimizing impact, shortening the maintenance duration, improving availability and minimizing the cost.
5) Responsible for the development of Crafts/Maintenance Technicians and Assistant Engineers generally working on day schedule.
6) Responsible in executing and sustaining work processes (eg GAME-ME, MOC).
7) Responsible for supporting the site wide infrastructure planning & budgeting activities and delivering the infrastructure works in PU1, including long term maintenance strategy.
1. Ensure work safety for staff & contractors in compliance with HSSE standards and ensure staff participate in safety audits, safety walkabouts and other safety initiatives.
2. Prepare/review Job Hazard Analysis, Method Statements, Lifting plans and ensure that the work is executed in accordance to these and Permit To Work and Clearance requirements.
4. Lead troubleshooting of equipment failures, including cross disciplines. Propose and work out repair schemes for repairs execution. Participate and contribute to RCA, RCM, SRBI , Causal learning.
5. Embrace GAME-ME process and ensure execution of preventive work, reactive work, are carried out to meet the KPIs ( ie Plant OA, Backlog, PM, Inspection Overdue, etc )
6. Lead the execution of maintenance special work etc.
7. Drive the productivity of contractors like Hands on Tools Time to optimize maintenance costs.
8. Ensure quality of work by his team and contractors are kept at a high level to prevent repeated failures and achieve plant integrity and reliability.
9. Contribute to scoping of work in tank maintenance planning. Play the lead executing role or Q-captain role for the all works.
10. Raise, Review, coordinate and plan execute CRER, PCR and minor projects and shutdown for tank related works.
11. Cost control to keep routine maintenance, projects, special maintenance and shutdown spending within budget and phasing.
12. To closely follow-up the progress and ensure they are meeting the plan and monitor & up-date the progress.
13. Organize the monthly steering team meetings for major maintenance to align the PU Delivery team and all stake holders in terms of scoping, duration, timing and cost.
14. To follow the TA / Project Process in terms of scope finalizing, scope freeze, execution, change management, interface management and delivery.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
1. Relevant Diploma / Degree or equivalent.
2. 5-10 years' experience in the Oil & Gas industry maintenance field.
3. Skilled in executing maintenance work and managing the contractors on site.
4. Skilled on the Job Hazard Analysis, Confine Space Entry, Permit to Work system and Clearance application requirement.
5. Skill on GAME ME process, SAP and minor project planning.
6. Skill in managing people and interfacing with others.
7. Knowledge in trouble shooting equipment failures and repair schemes.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video