Skills: IT - Software Development
Other Skills: Predix Edge, UNIX /Linux, Predix Machine Applications, MQTT, OPC-UA, Modbus
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location: Calgary, AB
Duration: 3+ Months (possibly extended)
The main responsibility includes writing low level design, coding, and performing unit testing, maintenance and support for Predix Edge deployment projects. Would be responsible for deploying Predix Machine and associated software at the customer edge devices, and for configuring the system to procure data from third party sensors using customized systems or OPC UA systems. Would also be responsible for testing and troubleshooting Edge device software components, manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure. Would be accountable for Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining Linux operating systems, Predix Machine and associated software and system management tools.
- Support Field software installation in the pilot.
- Support the well mapping & sensor asset configurations during the pilot.
- Live support for edge software service:
• Ensuring the Website (URL) online
• Predix Edge Configuration
• Edge Device - Bug fix
- Edge Software automations
• Automated mapping of well identifications and asset modelling
• Testing with newer sensors and eliminations of DVCU requirements
• Building custom software adapters and data collection strategies for expansion.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of Predix Machine Applications.
- Experience in containerizations, dockers, and cloud gateway management is an asset
- Knowledge of MQTT, OPC-UA and Modbus Adapters
- Experience with data acquisition systems & automation software would be an asset
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
Located minutes from downtown Houston, "The Energy Capital of the World," G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. is a staffing specialist to the Oil and Gas Industry.
G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. was established in 1970 as an Oil and Gas staffing firm serving companies along theTexas Gulf Coast. Since our inception, we have grown into a global Staffing Specialist assisting the United States' top Energy companies and professionals. We are dedicated to providing the leading EPC and Operating companies with superior staffing services and employment management across the nation and around the world, while matching our employees with their future project opportunities.
Our priority is matching clients with employees, not only based on job requirements and worker expertise, but giving due consideration to the business goals of our clients as well.
A growing market requires focused endeavors to circumvent industry challenges. We manage your employment requests; improving cost control, increasing productivity, and reducing risks.
Design and Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Start-up, Operations and Maintenance
Contract, Direct, Contract-to-Direct, Project Management, Payroll Services, Global Logistics and Resources, Recruitment: Expats, OCNs, Locals
Fast fact about G.A.S. Unlimited
• Headquarters: 15999 City Walk Suite 200 Sugar Land, TX 77479 United States
• Website: http://www.gasglobal.com
• Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
• Type: Privately Held
• Company Size: 501-1000 employees
• Founded: 1970
• 42 Years in Business
• Leader in its Field
• Work with Nearly All of the Leading Global EPC Firms (Bechtel, CB&I Lummus, Fluor, Foster Wheeler, Jacobs, KBR, Shaw, Technip, Wood Group, Worley Parsons)
• Provided services to clients on 6 continents
•Focus on All Phases of Asset Life Cycle (Engineering/Design, Construction, Commissioning/Start Up, Operations & Maintenance)
•Operations in 15 Countries
•Expanding to 12 new countries in 2011
•40 years of staffing experience
•Global provider of highly skilled contract personnel to the Energy industry