Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. We-re on a transformative journey focused on the lower˜ost, higher-margin opportunities in the U.S. resource plays. We remain steadfast in our commitment to be safe, responsible, and ethical. Most importantly, we appreciate our dedicated and talented employees who work to execute on our strategy and deliver results. With a strong balance sheet, relentless focus on cost and efficiency, competitive portfolio, and ability to grow our business profitably, our future has never been brighter.
For more information, visit the Company-s website at http://www.marathonoil.com.
This position could potentially convert future to a full-time position upon graduation.
- Summer 2019 Land Professional Intern
- Marathon Land Professional interns are immediately involved in diverse and challenging projects working side by side with others in multi-disciplinary teams. Interns are placed in a Project Team with an experienced Land Professional who will mentor them throughout the intern program.- These teams are responsible for identifying and executing on strategic Exploration and Production initiatives in North America. Challenging positions are available working North American resource plays in Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and North Dakota.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Assist in all phases of Land work required to drill and complete wells in the assigned Project Area.
- Review title opinions and perform curative activities;
- Assist in Surface Use Agreement and Right of Way negotiations;
- Review Operating Agreements to determine Marathon's rights and obligations regarding rework and drilling proposals;
- Utilize the Tobin lease data system to research Marathon-s records to determine ownership, create maps showing current ownership, and assist in reconciling lease ownership;
- Assist in compilation of lists of respondents for State Regulatory Commission filings, including contacting owners and searching internet sources for valid addresses.
- Education Level: Sophomore, Junior and Senior level candidates graduating between December 2019 - May/June 2021
- Major: Energy Management, Energy Commerce or Petroleum Land Management students.- Law Students and MBA Students with emphasis/specialization in Energy related programs will also be considered.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.