Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. We-re on a transformative journey focused on the lower˜ost, higher-margin opportunities in the U.S. resource plays. We remain steadfast in our commitment to be safe, responsible, and ethical. Most importantly, we appreciate our dedicated and talented employees who work to execute on our strategy and deliver results. With a strong balance sheet, relentless focus on cost and efficiency, competitive portfolio, and ability to grow our business profitably, our future has never been brighter.
For more information, visit the Company-s website at http://www.marathonoil.com.
This position could potentially convert future to a full-time position upon graduation.
- Summer 2019 Internship for Land GIS Professionals
Interns will work as a part of the Land GIS Team with experienced GIS Professionals who will mentor them throughout the intern program.- -The Land GIS team is responsible for supporting the data and cartographic needs of Marathon-s North American resource plays in Texas, Oklahoma, North Dakota and New Mexico. -Under the close supervision of the MOC GIS mentor, interns will learn industry terminology, GIS Software Applications, including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, Portal and standard procedures for maintaining Lease and Contract agreement polygons associated with the Land Department while developing the basis for more independent decision making.
- Create and maintain Land GIS data through interpreting legal descriptions for oil and gas leases and contracts
- Prepares GIS maps\exhibits utilizing learned cartographic practices and standards
- Constructs advanced spatial and tabular database queries
- Provide assistance to Land professionals and GIS analyst in creation of customized analytics
- Perform maintenance of Land Department ArcGIS projects and web maps
- Education Level: Sophomore, Junior and Senior level candidates graduating between December 2019 - May/June 2021
- Currently pursuing BS or BA degree in Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Students must maintain at least a 3.0 overall GPA
- Proficient with ArcGIS 10.x, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of Coordinate Geometry (COGO), Model builder, and knowledge of Python scripting is preferred but not required.
- Have authorization to work for any employer in the U.S. on a full-time, indefinite basis without need for sponsorship now or in the future.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.