Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This role will be focused on supporting HR systems, primarily focused on SuccessFactors. As part of an in-flight implementation and optimization project, the HRIS team is analyzing current-state systems and processes and working with various partners to meet intended business outcomes. This role requires a high degree of communication, collaboration, and attention to detail, often while juggling competing voices and priorities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead project-based and ongoing work streams for SuccessFactors modules including Performance Management & Goals and Succession & Development; will be expected to provide back-up for other modules as needed
- Collaborate with process owners to ensure system outcomes align with expected business outcomes
- Analyze business data needs and deliver outcomes as needed, including building queries, automating reports, and any other outcomes
- Develop queries and related reports to meet business needs; may provide oversight and validation for queries built by others as well
- Oversight for governance model around reporting
- Maintain system processes, procedures and support documentation
- Collaborate on SAP security model with SAP security lead and IT partners
- Influence SuccessFactors roadmap through online community involvement and thorough business analysis
- Provide support in reconciling historical and current talent systems and processes into SuccessFactors integration, including supporting current challenges
- Ensure leverage of native functionality and integration within SuccessFactors
- Provide applicable system training, testing, and support to business partners
- Document business requirements and processes as needed, partnering as appropriate
- Analyze business processes and consult business partners on system capabilities
- Log tickets as needed with IT as needed
- High level of collaboration required
- Bachelor's degree; master's degree preferred
- 5 years supporting an HR system (preferably SAP HCM or a cloud based system)
- SuccessFactors and implementation experience strongly preferred
- Experience using Query Manager (QM4) helpful
- Proven ability to successfully manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, with ability to negotiate with partners to reach the most effective business outcomes
- Advanced knowledge of SharePoint helpful
- Functional knowledge of talent management and employee lifecycle processes preferred
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Expertise in Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Word
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.