Skills: HR - General
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This role focuses on delivering enterprise-wide workforce analytics that add value and bring insights to senior executives as part of the HR systems and analytics team, while also supporting HR partners in developing data-driven capabilities and specific business cases to drive the department forward. Additional support for workforce planning and headcount budgeting efforts. This role requires a high degree of attention to detail, communication, and collaboration.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide support to senior leaders in developing analytics as part of business cases and narratives to influence business outcomes
- Develop new department analytics, including a department scorecard and headcount views
- Deliver ongoing analytical reports, as well as find opportunities for automation and streamlining
- Work with accounting, planning and HR on opportunities for improving the workforce planning process
- Analyze business processes and consult business partners on reporting and analytics capabilities
- Work to ensure business leaders have useful data and analytics at their fingertips
- Analyze HR data and provide feedback to HRIS team as needed
- Maintain analytics processes, procedures and support documentation
- Provide applicable training and education to appropriate business partners as situations dictate
- High level of collaboration required
- Bachelor-s degree; master-s degree preferred
- Strong background in statistics or other math-related field preferred
- SAP HCM or SuccessFactors experience preferred
- Experience using Query Manager (QM4) and Spinifex helpful
- Proven ability to successfully manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, with ability to negotiate with partners to reach the most effective business outcomes
- Functional HR knowledge strongly preferred
- Basic experience with Tableau or advanced experience with Excel preferred
- Demonstrated mastery of pivot tables (or equivalent), merging data sources
- Expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.