Skills: Pipe Inspection / NDT, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Pipeline Inspector will be working with the EH&S, Regulatory Compliance and Operations departments to ensure we operate the business in a manner that is safe, reliable and compliant with all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for inspecting and ensuring that the Company's construction and pipeline projects adhere to the Project Procedure and/or Work Plan and safety standards, as well as all state and federal regulations.
- Oversee work performed by contractors and subcontractors.
- Manages construction activities to ensure optimal performance and compliance in accordance with schedules, contract and budget.
- Attend project planning and pre-construction meetings.
- Ensures that employees, contractors and subcontractors are in compliance with Operator Qualifications (OQ) for all pipeline construction and pipeline repair projects.
- Ensures projects incorporate applicable Engineering and/or industry standards, regulatory requirements and the application of approved procedures, work plans, and/or drawings in projects involving contractors, sub-contractors and/or third-party inspector(s).
- Prepares and maintains all necessary drawings as required
- Creates and compiles daily log reports and notifications as required
- Ensures the workforce is committed to the Incident and Injury Free Philosophy, creating a safe working environment
- Reviews, challenges, and approves change orders requested by contractors or subcontractors' scopes prior to field changes being performed
- Responsible for holding contractors and subcontractors accountable for construction performance in the field
- College or technical degree in related field or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of Pipeline business with 10+ years of experience
- Proven HSSE track record
- Strong knowledge of Pipeline operating and regulatory requirements with a preference for background knowledge of DOT regulations
- Demonstrated ability to make sound recommendations with strong oral and written communications
Various locations throughout the US
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Applicants who are authorized to work in the US indefinitely without company sponsorship will be given first consideration.
Established in 1991, Omega is a leading global supplier of systems and personnel to the oil and gas and energy sectors. We combine flexible personnel with expert software products to provide project teams with consistent, up to date information that improves communication, decision making and project performance.
Our business culture is transparent and open, with a service minded and entrepreneurial staff of almost 900 people of 35 different nationalities handled from 14 different offices worldwide. We can staff projects with experienced consultants or complete teams, across all disciplines, supporting projects in size from $100K to $10+ billion.