Skills: Marine Engineering, Machinist
Other Skills: Oceanography,Meteorology
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Roles And ResponsibilitiesUndertake all duties as required, in a professional and courteous manner.
- To foster a teamwork culture within the designated areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for the quality of work performed along with personal safety, co-workers safety and the care and maintenance of equipment.
- Direct, lead, observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Direct, lead continuous improvement of the company's processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Overall coordination, planning and management of Metocean Techshop resources (staff and equipment) to meet commercial and internal objectives.
- Day-to-day line management of staff. Specific responsibility for addressing all related personnel issues and identification of staff training and development requirements.
- Provide recommendations to line manager on future capital purchases of equipment and personnel requirements.
- Maintain all operational equipment in a good state of repair, including return to manufacturers for repair as necessary.
- Test and verify operation of all equipment prior to shipment to site.
- Operate dispatch/goods in system, incompliance with company procedures for both contract and non contract shipments.
- Maintain documentation of equipment manuals, history, status and location in line with company procedures.
- Maintain consumables and tools in line with requirement for both the Techshop and field operations.
- Respond to equipment requisitions for both contract and non contract requirements and provide feedback and recommendations to requisitioner as appropriate.
- Key client liaison (where appropriate). Ensure all activities are conducted in conformance with the company's HSE and QA systems and to foster a teamwork culture within the designated areas of responsibility
- To ensure that any inter-office operational problems are discussed and rectified
- To provide feedback to line manager on resources, morale, personnel issues and the general status of areas of responsibility and to make recommendations on changes to the business to the directors.
- Have an AAS/Bachelor's degree. in Oceanography /or Meteorology or other marine science field and 8 to 10 years of solid Metocean experience in all aspects of physical oceanographic and meteorological operational and technical support.
- Have 2 to 3 years of experience in contractual requirements, timescales and budgets.
- Have 5+ years of technical support and knowledge of Metocean operational equipment.
- Possess current driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Possess or be able to obtain valid passport.
- A thorough knowledge of various metocean standards.
- Complete understanding and knowledge of metocean procedures and standards.
- Proficiency in use of office application software.
- Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Be able to meet physical demands. Perform moderate work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Be able to obtain offshore work / safety certifications including any applicable medical requirements as required.
- Must be able to travel world-wide, with experience of working safely in the challenging offshore environment. Must be able to travel as required.
This job specification should not construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor. Fugro (USA) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
We are the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain your structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
Are you new to the workforce and just starting your career? Are you looking for new challenges in your field of expertise? Have you learned and acquired skills which translate easily into our global workforce? Fugro has opportunities for individuals at all career levels and experience. Explore the possibilities to Join Team Fugro!
10 Reasons To Join Fugro
Many of us have asked ourselves what are the compelling reasons that we love our jobs and what keeps us committed to this company. We want to share those reasons with you so that you know why we are so engaged and motivated by working for Fugro.
1 - We have been rewarded for our good work.
Fugro delegates responsibility to the lowest level possible meaning that there are outstanding opportunities to grow your career.
2 - We love being part of a great team.
Fugro’s team driven work environments allow us to succeed in and celebrate our work as part of a team.
3 - We work with the best and brightest.
Fugro is led by industry leading individuals who share their knowledge as mentors to others.
4 - We get to work with individuals from all over the globe.
Fugro’s diverse culture and global footprint means that we get exposed to people and cultures from all over the world.
5 - We have learned more working at Fugro than any other time in our career.
Fugro is committed to providing ongoing training and development to the staff.
6 - We chart our own course.
Fugro’s global presence means that there are virtually unlimited opportunities to grow and work internationally.
7 - We want to come home at night and we care about the communities in which we work.
Fugro has a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment.
8 - We get to work with some awesome tools.
Fugro has a passion to employ technology and innovation in the workplace.
9 - We sleep well at night knowing Fugro is a strong and stable company.
Fugro has been in existence for more than 50 years and during that time has continued to grow and prosper.
10 - We get to be part of something greater than just a Company.
Fugro is committed to corporate social responsibility and this is expressed through charitable support and volunteerism in the communities in which we live and work.