Paris, Île-de-France, France
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Skills: Subsea Engineering, Marine Surveying
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Paris, Île-de-France, France
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
We are seeking a Subsea Cable / Pipeline Engineer following recent subsea installation MWS project awards. Reporting to the Project Director, the successful applicant will work predominantly on Marine Warranty and Consultancy projects. The role and the responsibilities include leading a project team and mentoring junior team members; Project Management responsibilities within such marine warranty / consultancy projects.
The position holder will be based in the Paris office in France and undertake MWS engineering review, consultancy, site attendances and meetings, on behalf of insurers, Oil & Gas and Renewables companies, and offshore contractors on projects.
1. Conduct and oversee engineering reviews on Marine Warranty / Consultancy projects
2. Technical document reviews and site attendances with respect to MWS requirements
3. Ensure the project is delivered in accordance with the agreed project technical standards and current industry codes
4. Ensure that the project activities are completed in accordance with client contract requirements, including project administration, change control, progress reporting towards the client and timely invoicing
5. When managing MWS projects you will be briefing project staff, responsible for risk management, liaising with clients, ensuring technical delivery, delegating certain projects/tasks, report writing, checking, authorization, and submission
6. Provision of consultancy advice and expert opinion in the resolution of claims arising during design, installation and repairs
7. Bids preparation for prospective projects in conjunction with the Project Directors and other member of staff
8. Collaborate with other disciplines and members of regarding operational and specialist matters
9. Performs any other job-related duties as required by their supervisor or management.
1. Experience in the Offshore construction industry: Oil and Gas or Renewables
2. Master of Engineering or equivalent
3. Solid background in design and installation of Subsea Power Cables / Pipelines including burial and protection.
4. Use of analysis software (such as Orcaflex, flexcom) and be conversant in international cable design codes, guidelines and standards such as ISO, DNVGL, API, etc
5. Relevant offshore transportation and construction track record as well as other offshore operations experience
6. Will possess up to date knowledge of Loadout, Installation and Transportation methods, Codes of Practice, Rules and Guidelines
7. Have experience of delivering MWS/Consultancy projects within schedule and on budget and can demonstrate a proven ability for Project Management
8. Active participation to commercial and technical proposals
9. Role is office based but candidate will need to be flexible to travel abroad and to offshore locations to witness operations for periods of time and sometime at short notice
Candidate shall be able to write and speak in English and French language