Skills: Naval Architecture
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location: Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are currently recruiting an Engineer Naval Architecture for our Basingstoke office to select and design the best technical solution as far as floating structures are concerned; Design and follow-up the FPSO and FLNG design (both new-built and converted.
The Key responsibilities are:
• Check contractor design;
• Coordinate design activities ensuring technical support during execution phases;
• Define tender documentation and carry out technical evaluations of tender;
• Be the Technical Authority and, if needed, the Technical Coordinator as far as naval aspects are concerned with respect to liaisons with Contractor, waiver request and compliance with project requirements and standard;
• Ensure interface between different Contractors and between Contractors and Company;
• Attend to technical and coordination meeting;
• Provide assistance during audit and Peer Review
• Detail design of oil& gas floating structures;
• FPSO design (new-built as well as converted);
• Ship and floating structure design with respect to structural sizing of primary and secondary structures according to the most used Classification Society and international standards;
• Ship and floating structure design with respect to stability checks and requirements according to the most used Classification Society and international standards, with focus to the ones relevant to offshore unit;
• Ship and floating structure design with respect to marine systems design (ballast, bilge, slop, inert gas, etc);
• Ship and floating structure design with respect to environmental loads and their effect on the floating structures in order to define mooring system and mooring pattern;
• Definition and follow-up of tender documentation for ship and floating structures;
• Experience with relevant computer tools (e.g. GHS, Wamit, SafeHull, Orcaflex, etc);
• An aptitude to work with people of different technical and cultural backgrounds.
Requirements and Experience:
• Naval Engineering degree
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal communication;
• Full understanding of HSE and LP subjects in both developing and executing activities;
• Able to communicate technical aspects of the project to management and Contractors;
• Ability to suggest innovative solutions;
• Proactive approach in decision process;
• Availability to undertake foreign missions (both short and long term);
• Good knowledge of Windows OS, Microsoft Office package AUTOCAD or similar
EniProgetti is Eni's new engineering hub. With a team of 1,000 people with recognised experience providing support for Eni projects globally.
Engineering is one of the pillars in the Eni development model and this new hub has a fundamental role through:
• in-house Engineering activities;
• versatility and integration with all the businesses;
• the strengthening of Eni people's skills in the new company.
Our projects can include either design direct execution activities or oversight/supervision of engineering contractor activities.
The projects can run from concept opportunity through basic/FEED stages to detailed engineering/EPC.
The projects can be relevant to offshore/onshore oil/gas production facilities, LNG and renewables production facilities.
Eni will evaluate the applications received for this position. Candidates considered to be most closely aligned to the required profile will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. With more than 33,000 employees working across 73 countries, our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through an ambitious strategic plan, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
ENI is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.