Skills: CAD / CAM, Surveying
Other Skills: instruments, AutoCAD, Trimble Geomatics, GPS, Prisms, theodolites, Trimble, GPS
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Huntsville, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
~~UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide. Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safety, innovation and client service, and delivers unmatched expertise and value to oil, gas and power clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus has offices in major energy centers worldwide.
UniversalPegasus International has an opening for a SURVEY TECHNICIAN to work on-site at our clients spread in Huntsville, TX.
This position will be responsible for managing the field data from the survey crews and performing all integrity checks. In this position you will work at the field site out of a mobile office in Huntsville, TX. A minimum of 10 hour days, 6 days a week. The Survey Technician will report to the Survey Party Chief, Survey Crew Chief, or the RPLS assigned to the project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Adjust and operate surveying instruments such as prisms, theodolites, and electronic distance-measuring equipment.
- Process the field data and check for completeness and accuracy.
- Download the field crew's data collectors and keep a log of all field data files and notes.
- Import data into AutoCAD and perform basic line work to create each file.
- Create ad hoc drawings as needed by the design group.
- Assist the Registered Surveyor with the creation of certified plats by performing drafting functions, and assist with boundary resolution under the direction of the Registered Surveyor.
- Create a stake-out file for the field crews to lay out the construction "footprint", and check the points collected during the stake-out to ensure that they are within the permitted limits.
- Monitor the pipe tally and resolve or report any discrepancies in the tally or mill data.
- Maintain a log of all data files collected during the as-built phase of the project.
- Process the as-built data files and import them into the ArcView environment.
- Create a stake-out file of welds, sags, overbends and crossing features for use during the post-construction survey.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience as a Survey Technician.
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center and Trimble Geomatics Office, Microsoft Office, and RTK/VRS GPS data collectors and supporting software.
- In this position you will work at the field site out of a mobile office in Huntsville, TX.
- A minimum of 10 hour days, 6 days a week.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
For additional information about UniversalPegasus International please visit our web site at www.universalpegasus.com
UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide.
Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safe, and innovative services, while delivering unmatched expertise and value to oil and gas clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus employs over 1,500 employees and has offices in major energy centers worldwide.
Visit us on the web http://www.universalpegasus.com and connect with us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/universalpegasus-international.