Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Professional, timely, cost-effective and practical trade mark, copyright, designs and design right focused legal advice and support to Shell businesses in the USA, with a view to furthering business objectives and protecting shareholder interests.
Provision of commercially effective legal advice and actions relating to brand licensing, including brand extensions, M&A support, and advising on existing licenses.
Providing advice and support to Shell group businesses and functions on the digital (domains and internet related) issues relating to the Shell portfolios of trademarks.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school and Member in good standing of the Texas Bar. A bar membership from a different state would be acceptable, depending on the quality of the candidates, as the Lanham Act is federal law
- Minimum seven (7+) years' experience as a Licensed Attorney in good standing in Texas or another state in the United States (or can become immediately eligible to be admitted to the State Bar of Texas).
- Prior experience as a trade mark attorney.
- Prior experience both in house and in private practice, including representing at least one global 500 most valuable brand preferred.
- Experience before TTAB, some litigation experience a plus.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video