1. JOB DETAILS:
Chief Fire Officer
Unit / Division:
Department / Section:
Prepared / Revision:
Job Family / Sub Family:
HSE / Crisis Management
Abu Dhabi / Ruwais
3. JOB PURPOSE:
Lead the development and team of the fire protection, emergency response, and crisis management' systems, equipment, procedures and practices to ensure the desired level of preparedness to secure the company assets in emergencies.
Supervise and monitor the fire and rescue teams to ensure readiness to respond immediately to any type of incidents affecting the company assets and operations; i.e. Fire, Hydrocarbon, Toxic Gas Release, Rescue and Fire, etc. for the respective area.
Lead studies and analysis on all matters related to fire protection, emergency response, and crisis management to ensure adherence to all Codes and Standards, Prevention, Equipment and Systems, while preventing and minimising loss of life and property damage as a result of incidents,
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Job Specific Accountabilities
Team & Equipment Readiness
- Organize and overview the availability and reliability of the team and equipment to handle the emergencies in the respective area.
- Monitor the tests and maintenance for the emergency response systems to ensure reliability and operability all times; i.e. Fire Systems, Fire Reticulation Systems, Life Support Equipment, Marine Fire Fighting Vessels, Fire Detection, Passive Protection Systems, etc.
- Organize the workload among the plant teams to ensure balanced activities and adequate correspondence on all times.
Systems & Standards
- Lead and monitor the updates and new aspects within crisis management systems, policies and procedures, as part of HSE and Company's Integrated Management System to ensure efficiency and consistency.
- Overview the crisis management and fire protection requirements for the technical projects and supplies, to ensure compliance with the company's overall HSE, and standards.
- Lead the communications and data management; awareness, training, registers, etc. to ensure proper support and interface with different stakeholders.
- Align the crisis management requirements for the existing and new projects, operations, purchased items, assets, and other technical modifications to ensure adequate protection measures and mitigating any associated risk, as being complied with crisis management systems and protocols.
- Monitor and lead the development of specifications of all types of systems and equipment; i.e. fire protection, firefighting, etc., to ensure meeting crisis management criteria and fire-safety design requirements.
- Lead the technical assessment and reviews fire supplies and relevant equipment, and monitor the testing and inspection for its efficiency and operating condition.
Assessment & Monitoring
- Monitor the inspection and testing activities for the related systems and equipment to ensure compliance with emergency response and crisis management requirements.
- Recommend and monitor the establishment and development of the audit and inspection programs for the relevant systems and protocols.
- Monitor the inspection records and samples handover to ensure accurate tracking and record management.
- Lead or support the emergency response 24x7 to ensure timely handling of any incidents affecting the company's employees, assets and resources; i.e. Gas Release, Fire, etc.
- Supervise the crisis management activities tackling the incedents to ensure proper quarantine or risk control.
- Recommend, address and review all the subsequent actions after incidents to eleminate any potential recurrence in the future, while being relfected properly on the existing systems and procedures.
- Investigate, or participate in investigation, which is related to incidents, as part of the plans and updates.
- Overview the employees' acts to ensure the desired level of compliance towards all Crisis Management' precautions and protocols.
- Monitor the employees understanding for all communications related to crisis management, emergency, fire protection, etc., to ensure the criticality in doing their daily jobs.
- Recommend on direct and general communications, training courses, and drill exercises to ensure readiness for any situation.
- Plan and supervise the activities of the personnel and resources of the Section to achieve the Department objectives in an efficient and cost-conscious manner while ensuring implementation of approved operational plans for the Section in line with Department objectives.
- Develop the knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Section and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP's), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the Section in coordination with the Human Capability Group to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Budgets and Operational Plans
- Compile and provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and regularly monitor expenditure against approved the Section budget levels.
- Investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Lead the implementation of approved Section policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls in order to support execution of the Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Implement the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the Section in accordance with Company approved guidelines and continuously monitor the achievement of the Section KPIs related to the approved Annual Performance Management Contract and the Balanced Score Card.
Organisation Structure and Development
- Review, develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure for the Section that will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Encourage innovation, enhance employee motivation and support initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve operations and services.
- Propose improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the Section.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Support the institution of an HSE culture and ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, systems & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines across the Section in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Ensure adequate HSE training and induction for all Section employees to meet HSE standards.
Management Information Systems (MIS) and Reports
- Prepare all Section MIS and progress reports to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Company Management to effectively manage the business.
- Bachelor Degree in Science or in Engineering disciplines.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 10 years of experience, including at least 6 years in crisis management, fire & rescue occupations.
- Working experience with Fire Safety Assessment (FSA), Fire Prevention, Fire Fighting, Rescue and Support activities.
- Hands on Crisis Management, Fire Protection, Hazardous Material Response, Emergency Response, and Usage of Life Support equipment utilized within Municipal, Oil and Gas Industry.
- Knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS) disaster recovery planning techniques, Crisis Management & Business Continuity.
- Solid experience on inspection and testing
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer 2
- NFPA 1041 Fire Instructor 2
- NFPA 1031 Fire Inspector 1
- NFPA 472 Hazmat Operations
- NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician- Confined Space/Rope/Vehicle
(NFPA or equivalent certified qualifications)
- Light Vehicle License
- ISO 9001
At IDC Manpower Supply we understand that the task of providing services of requirement and selection of personnel demands a high degree of integration between the client and its adviser in order to create a partnership that really add value to the process, Our mission is that our clients made their final decisions counting with all the information and local expertise that IDC Manpower Supply makes available to them.
Our firm counts with a team of seasoned professionals with long standing experience in the areas of recruitment and selection of specialized personnel for the oil Industry, who will manage this process end-to-end and assist you in taking the right human resources decision.
Our Parent Company, International Development Company (IDC) is one of the UAE's leading service and supply companies. With its international expertise in the oil, gas, power and water, telecommunication, private industrial projects, construction, petrochemical industries, along with a reputation for progressive and innovative approaches to business, it has experienced rapid expansion and prosperity.
Over the course of 39 years, IDC maintained its continuous coverage of interrelated fields; starting with the oil & gas industry, and its focus on developing countries that are experiencing an increasing need of equipment, spare parts, consumer goods and general industrial supplies. This earned IDC its reputation as a quality supplier of material, equipment and services that are provided by engineers and well-qualified specialists in various fields.