1. JOB DETAILS:
Officer (Fire &Rescue)
Chief Officer (Fire & Rescue)
Unit / Division:
Department / Section:
Prepared / Revision:
Job Family / Sub Family:
HSE / Crisis Management
3. JOB PURPOSE:
Responds to Fire and Rescue Incidents, Hydrocarbon and Toxic Gas Release, Rescue and Fire Loss Control related situations within Field or Terminal Facility.
Supervises Firefighters and Auxiliary Fire Team members as appropriate and assumes responsibility of 'Fire Incident Commander' until relieved by Chief Officer (Fire and Rescue).
Perform the administrative duties in supporting the communication and organizing work activities for the Fire and Rescue Team in the Asset or Terminal.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Support the Chief Officer (Fire and Rescue) in all aspects of Fire and Rescue Team emergency planning, operations and dealing with emergencies.
- Leads Fire Crew attending emergencies involving fire, rescue, oil and gas releases/spills and medical emergencies.
- Conduct routine and emergency medical First Aid duties as required at emergency incidents.
- Lead post incident 'HOT' debrief and record findings where necessary on the Hearts system.
- Ensure all learning outcomes are communicated to the CFRO.
- Plan and participate in Emergency and Business continuity exercises in line with the FRP/ BCP.
- Participates in physical fitness training sessions on a daily basis to ensure fitness to attend emergencies.
- Ensure that Asset/TPO Pre-Fire Plans are reviewed on an Annual basis and after each emergency or exercise when an FRP credible scenario is tested.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Plans, designs and conducts training events for Firefighters and Auxiliary Firefighters in accordance with the Firefighter Weekly Schedule and Firefighter Annual Training Plan.
- Ensures the safety of self, Firefighters, Auxiliary Firefighters and others when participating in training events especially those that involve exposure to heat, flame, smoke and the full range of extinguishing media.
- Maintain the competence of Firefighters within the Fire and Rescue Team by training, coaching, mentoring and remedial training when required.
- Plan, direct and actively participates in the ongoing development of self and Firefighters.
- Conducts fire extinguisher and respiratory protection training for Asset/TPO personnel.
- Ensure that training records are maintained for all Fire and Rescue Team members including officers.
- Ensure records are kept for CFRO, SFO's and FO of the training events they have led on, the type of training (classroom or practical), the length of time the training took and the names of those attending the training.
- Ensure these records are easily accessible by auditors on the computer network.
- Put in place improvement plan for FF's who do not meet the required level to be deemed competent in the use of Firefighting equipment or has a more in depth training intervention requirement.
- Ensure all Fire and Rescue equipment including extinguishing media is available and maintained in in good working condition.
- Lead and direct routine inspection and testing of fixed, semi fixed, portable and mobile fire systems in accordance with current HSE programs.
- Leads specialist stand-bys duties using the required equipment.
- Implement and promote the company health, safety and environmental policy, procedures, regulations, objectives and ensures, by appropriate monitoring and review, that work is performed in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
Ensure the results of inspections and tests are recorded on the appropriate system such as MAXIMO
INCIDENT REPORTING AND INVESTIGATION/ HAZARD & NEAR MISS REPORTING:
- Ensure incidents are reported and communicated as per the incident reporting & investigation timeline and actions are effectively closeout as per Company Procedures.
- Provide assistance to any Investigation Team as requested by the Team and lead fire incidents investigations.
- Ensure that all events (Hazards, Near misses, Incidents, Suggestions etc.) are reported in HEARTS.
INSPECTIONS AND AUDITS:
- Coordinate and Participate in External 3rd Party audits (ADNOC).
- Coordinate and Participate in the HSE Assurance Program Site visits and Firefighter Competency Audits
- Ensure timely close out of all Fire & Rescue related findings from audits and inspections.
- Conduct self-assessment verification audits to assure Management of the availability of all Fixed, Semi Fixed Firefighting system are available 100% of the time.
- Ensure Contingency Plans are put in place for dealing with incidents where Fixed and/or Semi Firefighting systems are not available.
- Conduct Fire prevention inspection to the facilities on regular basis.
HUMAN RESOURCE AND SUPERVISION:
- Ensure that Fire and Rescue Team manning does not drop below the minimum manning levels, 100% of the time, to enable the Fire and Rescue Team to response to emergencies.
- Ensure CFRO is informed of the 'down grade situation' who will inform the Asset/TPO HSEM who will then inform Asset VPO/TPO
- Ensure that all non-authorized absence is investigated, recorded and forwarded to the CFRO for onward submission to HSEM and Asset HRD.
- Apply the Corporate HRD policy in the supervision and management of Firefighters and self.
- Performs any other related duties as and when required at the company's discretion
- Respond to emergency incidents outside of normal working shift ensure to ensure Fire and Rescue Team 24/7 availability which is arranged at Asset/TPO level.
- Cooperate and respond to requests from CHSE, Asset HSE and all Corporate/Asset Departments in a prompt and professional manner.
- Participates in the Fire and Rescue budget planning procurement process and ensure that equipment is procured using the SERC document.
- Acts in a support role to the Chief Officer (Fire + Rescue).
- Organise and undertake physical fitness training on daily and weekly basis to ensure the self-health and physical ability to carry out activities.
At IDC Manpower Supply we understand that the task of providing services of requirement and selection of personnel demands a high degree of integration between the client and its adviser in order to create a partnership that really add value to the process, Our mission is that our clients made their final decisions counting with all the information and local expertise that IDC Manpower Supply makes available to them.
Our firm counts with a team of seasoned professionals with long standing experience in the areas of recruitment and selection of specialized personnel for the oil Industry, who will manage this process end-to-end and assist you in taking the right human resources decision.
Our Parent Company, International Development Company (IDC) is one of the UAE's leading service and supply companies. With its international expertise in the oil, gas, power and water, telecommunication, private industrial projects, construction, petrochemical industries, along with a reputation for progressive and innovative approaches to business, it has experienced rapid expansion and prosperity.
Over the course of 39 years, IDC maintained its continuous coverage of interrelated fields; starting with the oil & gas industry, and its focus on developing countries that are experiencing an increasing need of equipment, spare parts, consumer goods and general industrial supplies. This earned IDC its reputation as a quality supplier of material, equipment and services that are provided by engineers and well-qualified specialists in various fields.