St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Skills: Subsea Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Canada
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader
TYPE OF RIG: Semisubmersible
JOB SUMMARY: Supervise the maintenance, repair and pressure testing of all subsea-related systems. Responsible for overseeing the installation and condition of the blow out preventer (BOP), heave compensating and all other subsea related equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or educational equivalent from an accredited technical school or comparable military experience
- 7+ years in a Subsea role with three years MUX (electro hydraulic subsea systems) experience and formal assessment of competence
- 3+ years previous experience in a role with 6th generation semi-sub drilling rig
- Working knowledge of technical calculations required for subsea operations. Read and decipher drawings, electro hydraulic circuit diagrams for competent evaluations of troubleshooting techniques. Able to operate software applications as applicable to position (i.e. basic desktop applications, project planning software, and computer based maintenance system). Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Valid Supervisors Well Control Certification (IWCF)
- Offshore certificates required: Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, WHMIS 2015, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, CAPP Medical.
- Responsible for the daily control / maintenance of well control equipment: BOP, MUX control system, riser, slip joint, riser tensioning system, kill/choke manifold, compensating equipment and all other associated well control equipment
- Professional knowledge of hydraulic, electric IT components and configurations for subsea BOP equipment
- Demonstrate proficient technical understanding of engineering, industry standards and the company management system
- Reviews and approves BOP, riser and riser tension configurations
- Plans and supervises the deployment, pressure testing and maintenance of BOP
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the BOP handling systems
- Plan, witness and maintain records of pressure test
- Responsible for subsea equipment interfaces between client and subcontractor's equipment
- Assist in running and testing the wellhead, casing hangers and seal assemblies.
- Confirm that all well specific space out measurements are calculated, verified and clearly posted on the rig floor and other relevant areas
- Ensure the riser and tensioning system are deployed, operated and recovered in accordance with well specific operating guidelines and engineering riser analysis
- Maintain accurate records of the maintenance history of all subsea equipment in the company maintenance management system and coordinate planning and implementation
- Responsible for ensuring that the subsea department are conversant with relevant rig specific procedures, that they are understood, utilized and updated accordingly
- Oversee the inventory of subsea spares, oils and operating fluids
- Communicate equipment problems or breakdown with Technical Field Support group and equipment vender(s)
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date documentation package and drawings of subsea equipment onboard. Maintain the accuracy of the documentation package and drawings and participate in the management of change process together with the shore based office
- Develop and compile comprehensive subsea procedures and checklists
- Jointly review the results of regular pressure and function testing along with OIM & DSL to ensure the BOP is maintained and ready for deployment
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.