Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Under broad direction, accurately abstracts Real Estate lease and purchase transactions (legal documents) into the SAP RE Module; including both RE & Financial information in accordance with GAAP & FASB/IASB for all Halliburton locations globally.
- Advises and communicates business process knowledge of Commercial RE Processes, Policies & Business Practices, RE Accounting, and RE Systems Application support to end users.
- Applies application of RE processes and system knowledge to resolve problems.
- Applies application of RE processes and system knowledge to expedite resolution of escalated problems.
- Participates in the design, development and documentation of RE business processes, system enhancements and training materials. Liaisons between local RE and finance & accounting groups. Demonstrates the capability to handle sensitive situations and is able to understand and effectively resolve issues in a collaborative manner.
- Ensures RE transactions are recorded in accordance with RE and Finance company policies, business practices and processes. Generates RE reporting to support Portfolio analysis and adherence to key performance indicators.
- Performs Month End data validations, error correction, and communications to ensure RE accounting transactions are recorded properly and allocated to internal occupants (PSL's and support departments). Performs system testing in relationship to new enhancements as well as mock simulations of unique RE transactions to ensure proper recording of RE financial postings.
- Requires a High School Diploma, Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong Financial or Business analyst experience preferred
- Strong Excel experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in real estate or accounting related activities which includes experience in lease, purchase and sale transactions or facility management and/or customer support.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 61787
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Real Estate Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.