Katy, Texas, United States
Katy, Texas, United States
Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Other Skills: SolidWorks, ePDM
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Katy, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Perform specific engineering tasks to support manufacturing and operations, as assigned by engineering manager. Main focus will be on R&D efforts, but will require wearing multiple hats to support sustaining efforts when needed.
Duties and responsibilities
Employees are encouraged to 'work outside the box' and within reason, discouraging the "that's not my job" behavior.
- Perform engineering tasks using established procedures including but not limited to; stress analysis, material/coating selection, CFD, tolerance studies, cost estimation.
- Research, design, assemble and test prototypes and document all results.
- Coordinate with drafter/designer to create drawings, test procedures and engineering changes.
- Provide technical support to sales, production and operations.
- Perform work independently at a fast pace, while remaining flexible to changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Know and understand Comitt Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Comitt.
- Work assignments should be carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- 10 years of design experience of down-hole tools.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks CAD software and PDM vault.
- Understanding of O&G down-hole intervention and completion tools and their purpose.
- Must have a "can do" attitude to complete assigned work within company or supervisor established timeline. This can require work hours outside of the traditional work week.
- PC Literate
- Good written English (for report writing)
- Valid driver's license
- Design experience specifically related to lower completions and fracturing technology.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Ability to travel to job sites to support operation of company equipment.
- Ability to sit for an entire work day and perform engineering tasks using company computer and peripherals.
- Ability to work in shop/warehouse, in all seasons, to assemble and test prototype equipment per defined test procedure.