In a team that interfaces with other entities (Drilling, Completion, Production & PBF), guaranty the engineering dossier to perform
subsea works according to procedures, HSE objectives, and within time and budget.
The Subsea Life of Field Lead Engineer manages a team of 2x Engineers, interfaces with TEPA PBF for related activities as regards
equipment procurement, and he is responsible for:
- This position requires knowledge of SPS and UFR subsea deepwater systems.
- The engineer will have to quickly get familiar with the subsea assets, so as to understand the specific needs and challenges.
- Controls the preparation and review of the Subsea Life of Field Contract Budgets and/or any Specific Maintenance
Contract and successive revisions and oversees the constant monitoring of costs for costs reporting and performance.
Innovation qualities are essential, considering the unique aspect of each modification request on subsea systems.
- Display HSE Leadership by setting an example of high HSEQ standards at all times to the workers
- Ensure full application of the TOTAL E&P HSEQ MAESTRO 12 Fundamental Rules
- Keep a high level of safety during LOF activities and in the subsea engineering clarification by integrating company rules in operations,
participating to HSE SCM on board, participating to Service companies and Rig contractor MHSEQ Audit, participating to Cause tree analysis.
- Be involved on the service quality improvement by participating actively in the SQM meetings
- Support Head of Subsea Department to manage the Entity budget execution & performance
- Ensures the timely control and validation of invoices presented by SPS contractor and the cost control of the department is effective and
at all time up to date.
- Managing contract for long term storage of subsea equipment inclusive of equipment outside of LOF scope i.e. Inspection
- Coordination with Future Projects for Equipment and contracts for execution and follow up post Project
- Act as TEPA technical representative in front of Contractors and Suppliers with the requirements of proper Contract delegation.
- Consolidate, control and coordinate the planning and progress measurement associated with LOF and Well Response work time
schedules for planned activities.
- Ensure the reliability and coherence of information and technical data provided to the operational support engineers and Asset (B17/
- Specific care will have to be taken on the battery limits / interfaces in order to ensure the proper integration of the works on the site as
regards LOF activities and Emergency response scenarios
- Review and prepare in collaboration with Contractors detailed engineering dossier for the 3x well capping systems and dispersion kits
- Perform gap analysis assessments for currently available equipment and equipment required for deployment
- Liaise with HQ, GoG affiliates and CoVs for synergies
- Prepare programs and guidelines for capping operations. Update BOCP for affiliate
- Ensure appropriate equipment follow-up, maintenance, and purchase to meet operational requirements
- Nominate wells and update spud date notification & Prepare well response budget
- Contract follow-up (Cost control, Change order...)
- Prepare & Participate in all Internal, Partner, Concessionaire workshops & meetings.
- Prepare REX and DIP dossiers/presentations.
- Control of all internal reporting of the Department in a timely and continuous manner, capturing all relevant information to ensure,
appropriate content and information quality.
- Provide Head of Department clear visibility on schedules, cost performance and contractual matters.
- Coordinate liaisons with ACT, Authorities, ensuring relationship with Concessionaire are managed in accordance with requirement and
Context and environment
- The position is located in Luanda TEPA main office, with a few missions offshore to prepare and follow-up the operations as required.
- Deep water context with Costly deep water DP rigs (dual & single derricks) & Subsea Wells. SIMOPS operations.
- High level of technical risks due to the operational costs & nature of planned operation/interventions.
- High level of performances objectives.
- The subsea division, being a pilot, relies on this position in overseeing the LOF contract and liaison with TEPWR as the Well Response
point of contact on operational activities throughout the execution phase to achieve on time/on budget delivery in compliance with
known & unknown exigencies of the COMPANY make the position key as part of the WTL department
- The engineer must, through his technical knowledge and experience, validate the engineering data; ensure the performance and final
quality of engineering deliverables (internal or external).
- In parallel, the engineer will have to assist the drilling & well asset as technical specialist.
- Maintenance and improvement of Subsea technical performances & costs.
- Affiliate Focal point for Well Response (OSRL, SERS and WWC) capping & containment or delegated.
- The SPS LOF contract (s) involves multi-disciplinary teams (IOS, INS & SOC) within and about the Subsea division, sometimes faced with
numerous and varied project control/ contractual issues. The LOF Lead engineer thus has a very challenging role of both managing
and directing project control toward on time and on budget delivery of LOF contract execution
- Graduated engineer with international field experience and minimum 10-15 years in the petroleum industry.
- Knowledge of deep water environment.
- Very good interpersonal skills and ability to work within an international team of engineers.
- IWCF well control certificate.
- The incumbent should preferably have a previous experience in an operational position (offshore).
- Experience of contract, cost & planning administration/control (number of years) at least 5 years.
- Fluent in English
- Qualities to include Technical mind, autonomous and organizational capabilities.
With 18 years of activity around the world, Grupo Epalmo, based in Porto, Portugal, is acknowledged in its own country and in the international markets for its competence, accuracy, professionalism and perseverance, being one of the major business groups experienced in Human Resources, Temporary Work, Professional Training, Consulting, Construction and Industrial Maintenance.
Grupo Epalmo has always followed a business dynamic focused on both clients and collaborators, and though mainly directed on the Energy, Industrial and Construction areas, it has been increasing its investments regarding the conquering of new and ambitious goals and markets.
Based always on a spirit of professionalism and supported by a technical and theoretical know-how, Grupo Epalmo, and its highly qualified and motivated teams, is the first to provide services with the aspiration to best serve the clients’ demands, with dedication and consideration.
Operating in more than 20 countries, including Angola, we provide our teams and specialists, for operators in the international energy sector, from Oil & Gas and industrial maintenance, to nuclear and construction.
Grupo Epalmo, Headquarters;
Rua S. Lourenco 12 1 Sala 1 e 6
4446 – 909 Ermesinde – Portugal
Tel: (+351) 229 773 650
Fax: (+351) 229 733 544
For more information's and Resumes Submittals please use the following: