Mont Belvieu, Texas, United States
Mont Belvieu, Texas, United States
Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer, Pipe Inspection / NDT, Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mont Belvieu, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Job Duties and Responsibilities Inspector Mechanical Integrity
This position provides support to the Maintenance and Technical Teams in the inspection of fixed equipment and piping to better ensure overall mechanical integrity, facility safety, and reliability.
• Routine duties include: gathering equipment data and information in the field.
• Performing visual inspections both internal and external including non-destructive testing, recording data and information to assure equipment histories are current; analyze inspection findings, developing recommendations, and preparing API 510 and 570 inspection reports.
• Individual will perform basic calculations using corrosion data to determine inspection schedules, and equipment/piping remaining life.
• Assist in developing and implementing inspection programs, mechanical and metallurgical, to maximize the on-stream time of major equipment.
• Perform welding inspections - X-Ray
• Assist in quality assurance/quality control documentation for new construction.
• Perform inspections on/in towers and vessels
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Valid Texas Driver's License
• Willing to work overtime to meet business needs and critical activities including relief for employees on vacation or personal leave
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected crafts, personnel, contractors and customers
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions, and plant environment
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, FRC).
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to work with equipment, hand and power tools, and lifts utilizing safe and environmentally responsible procedures
• Be able to work and function in confined spaces, including towers and vessels, while completing inspections, and checking repairs
• Have or ability to acquire API Certification 510 Pressure Vessel Inspection
• Have or ability to acquire API Certification 570 Piping Inspector
• Have a Level II ultrasonic thickness certification
• Have or acquire the training needed to read and approve radiographic film of welds (Radiographic Film Interpretation).
• Experience working in a computer environment with word processing, database and spreadsheet skills sufficient to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, statistical/technical materials, etc. with speed and accuracy, including the willingness to learn and use new computer programs/applications.
• Have or acquire the certification to operate a man lift and or jig lift
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act as a resource for, providing customer service in a courteous manner and work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization. Writing skills sufficient to compose and edit a variety of documents using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and proofread work carefully.
• Ability to work accurately, with interruptions, to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a flexible way that allows for changes in assignments and priorities depending upon identified needs of the unit.
• Ability to climb, internally inspect and externally inspect piping and vessels in excess of 200' in height.
• Ability to read P & IDs efficiently. Ability to read and develop isometric drawings of both piping systems and pressure vessels.
• Willing to work overtime
• Have or acquire Houston Area Safety Council orientation for Basic Plus.
• Have or require training in metallurgy.
• Good organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions: Organizational skills sufficient to prioritize work and complete assignments accurately, either independently or as part of a team, under pressure of completing deadlines and with frequent interruptions, working from own initiative and/or following direction, policies, or procedures. Ability to use analytical and decision-making skills to offer options and resolve problems in a variety of contexts.