Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Graduate Apprentice (Engineering) is assigned to support ongoing projects, tenders and engineering scopes or assigned to activities within other departments and business units as required. This role has been created to align with the opportunity that exists to attain a BEng (Hons) in Engineering: Design & Manufacture at The Robert Gordon University while in full time employment over a four year period. The Graduate Apprentice role will encompass blended learning which incorporates work based learning and the virtual learning environment with on campus time minimised. At the end of the four year period it is expected that the employee will have obtained their Degree qualification.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Support the activities of the Business Unit as required in the capacity of Graduate Apprentice (Engineering).
- Prepare engineering deliverables, plans, cost estimates etc. under the supervision of Senior personnel.
- Provide sufficient information to other disciplines (draughting, analysis etc.) to allow production of engineering drawings and deliverables.
- Develop and perform presentations associated with role and work activities.
- Be familiar with Businesss Unit and Company activities as well as sectors within which the Company operates (i.e. Oil & Gas, Offshore Renewables etc.).
- Provide support to other Departments as required inc. Commercial, Business Development, Operations etc.
- Completion of degree modules in conjunction with work activities.
Ensure that Company Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reporting to Engineering Manager, Subsea Projects Europe.
- Liaison with Discipline Leads, Senior Engineers & Project Engineers including in the setting, direction and definition of the work and study activities.
- Interface with Business Unit Management Team.
Qualifications & Experience
The following qualifications are an outline and will be considered on a case by case basis:
- SQA Highers, 4No. at Grade B to include Maths, English and either Engineering Science, Physics or Technological Studies.
- Equivalent Qualifications including; Foundation Apprenticeships (SCQF Level 6), SVQs/NVQs, non-relevant HNC, access programmes and overseas qualifications.
- Three years relevant work experience where key skills have been developed inc. any supervisory responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong self discipline and time management skills in order to manage study and work activities.
- Clear desire to achieve degree qualification.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.