Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
The Maintenance and Engineering Manager is responsible to champion and drive the development and implementation of the Maintenance and Process Control Operations and strategies for the Los Angeles LOBP. In addition, this position has responsibility for plant project changes, energy and assigned capital project budget and tracking.
The Maintenance and Engineering Manager has the Responsibility, Accountability and Authority to drive process performance improvement (efficiency, effectiveness, compliance) for the Los Angeles Lubricants Plant in full end to end setting for Lubricants Supply Chain (LSC). Lead and coach the application of Lean/Six Sigma methodology in the pursuit of Top Quartile performance of the Los Angeles Lubricants Plant. To manage LEAN/CI practitioners supporting the above and working closely with the Process Improvement Plan(s) Process Owners to deliver sustainable improvements on the journey to 1st Quartile Plant performance.
The incumbent is a member of the LALP Senior Management Team and as such participates in the development and implementation of plant-wide policies, procedures and practices to ensure that the site meets/exceeds the Plan including Budget, HSSE and Product Management (Quality) targets.
- Accountable for plant-wide maintenance of the LALP LOBP site. Includes continual optimization and priority setting of the preventative maintenance programs and strategic design/implementation options to complement the long-term business goals.
- Accountable for the implementation and integration of the new Global Asset Integrity Standards.
- Manage all external contract services such as HVAC, tank inspectors, instrumentation, electrical, mechanical, welding, plumbing, grounds keeping, janitorial, forklift maintenance, roofers, painters, civil contractors (paving) and FMC Programmable Control System, Controls Service, etc.
- Accountable to ensure the high standards of the HSSE Management System are part of the maintenance culture and Goal Zero performance.
- Responsible to ensure a comprehensive and effective Technical Integrity Management program for the entire facility; civil, process mechanical and instrumentation linked to the PCS control system. This involves core analysis of all process productivity, mechanical failures and quality or HSSE reporting issues via the PCS historical data. This role is the liaison between the Plant and the IT Systems group, related to in-plant technology. The Maintenance/Process Controls Manager is the key Plant stakeholder of the automation control system strategies and support services.
- Accountable for Technical reviews of new product development technologies to determine impacts to site process and production capabilities, and updating operating procedures as required to reflect process changes. This role is the key liaison to Marketing, Product Quality, Planning & Operations, to implement all physical changes, to accommodate the high frequency of new formulation initiatives.
- Responsible for all aspect of the discretionary plant change project process - development of scope, design, technical review with operations, field management, priority setting, budget tracking and technical drawing revisions.
- Accountable for development and completion of assigned Capex projects to improve plant profitability, safety, quality and environmental performance in all plant areas. This involves direct project design, construction management and effective relationships with plant operating teams
- Responsible for Regulatory compliance management pertaining to TSSA (Technical Standards), Weights & Measures, Building & Insurance inspections. Includes the management of an annual tank integrity inspection program derived from a risk based analysis program to meet API specification regulations. RDS Process Safety Management is a critical compliance element.
- Active role on the plant Emergency Response Team, providing technical field expertise for Emergency Response.
- Lead and implement "LEAN and Continuous Improvement" projects.
- Conduct Kaizen events as needed at LALP to develop future CI projects.
- Develop and optimize equipment utilization metrics and tracking (run rates)
- Lead and assist in developing Leader Std. work, Visual Measures, Employee accountability, and Discipline
- Active Participant LSC LEAN / CI Coaching Community
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing, engineering or other relevant disciplines
- Minimum ten (10+) years Maintenance experience leading a team of maintenance professionals and technicians in a Manufacturing Plant (lubricants, chemicals or refining)
- A strong commitment to applying Health, Safety, Security and Environmental rules and regulations into all aspects of job performance is required
- Prior leadership/supervision experience in a mid-size Manufacturing site is a plus.
- Previous experience in blending, bulk loading, and packaging motor oils and/or chemicals is desirable.
- Experience managing a unionized workforce is desirable.
- Advanced technical knowledge required in:
- Process flow
- Fluid dynamics
- Piping design
- Automated process control systems
- Field instrumentation
- Rotating mechanical equipment
- Utilities systems
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) - preferred
- Process Safety and Asset Integrity systems knowledge is a plus
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviors will be considered during the selection process.
- Self-Starter Mastery
- Delivers Results Through Others Mastery
- Analyses and solves problems Mastery
- Communicates and persuades Mastery
- Team working Skill
- Work Planning - Resource & Schedule... Skill
- Demonstrates Self Mastery Skill
- Displays Interpersonal Effectiveness Skill
- Demonstrates Courage Skill
- Motivates, Coaches and Develops Skill
- Values Difference Skill
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video