Effectively and efficiently repair and service all engines, drives, generators, hydraulic and air system, and any other mechanical equipment associated with ESG GOM Fluids to TETRA Technologies quality specifications. Troubleshoot and identify maintenance needs as necessary for all machinery and equipment. This work can be performed at any TETRA location as well as at the job site in which the equipment is located.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrate safe work practices through compliance with TETRA and customer safety policies and procedures, and TETRA's Best Safe Work Practices. This includes but is not limited to:
? Completing Behavior Based Observation Cards (BBO).
? Completing At Risk BBOs.
? Developing comprehensive JSEAs.
? Recording Near Hit Conditions and Incidents.
• Participate in, and lead when needed, job site/facility safety meetings.
• Take an active role in the development of Job Safety & Environment analysis documents for all tasks related to maintenance and any other task in which the mechanic will have an active part.
• Make recommendations when necessary concerning safety.
• Exercise Stop Work Authority when appropriate to insure your personal safety or the safety of others.
• Immediately report all injuries and near misses to TETRA site supervisor or safety manager.
Must complete all professional and safety training as may be required by TETRA, and/or regulatory agencies. Must demonstrate competency in all training by passing tests administered by TETRA and/or 3rd party training entities designated by TETRA, and/or regulatory agencies. Training will include, but is not limited to, the following:
• All Safety and Environmental training as specified in TETRA's HSEMS training matrix.
• Job specific professional training to be determined by TETRA.
No direct personnel management responsibilities.
• Clearly communicate all material/parts needed to perform given repair/maintenance.
• When appropriate and possible all verbal communication is to be communicated in writing.
• Report any problems to the Support Supervisor and/or Support manager
• Complete all work orders daily. Accurately complete the Work order with work performed.
• Complete check list on work orders.
No responsibilities regarding cost control.
Job Specific Tasks:
• Must perform all duties in a safe manner, observing safe work practices, including proper use of personal protective equipment, at all times.
• Follow preventive maintenance procedures on all mechanical equipment (maintain Work Order).
? Hydraulic system
? Air system
? Electrical system
? Diaphragm pumps
• Troubleshoot equipment daily and take immediate steps to correct any problems.
• Clean equipment, and any other areas as needed.
• Assist with ensuring compliance with lockout-tagout procedures for any equipment under repair
Perform any and all other tasks as may from time to time be specified by the supervisor or TETRA Technologies management.
1. Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers, orally and in writing.
3. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
4. Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
5. Pass the required physical examination and drug test.
6. Complete all required initial training, refresher and re-certification training in compliance with TETRA, and regulatory agency training schedules.
7. Must be able to acquire and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credential) card.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; risk of radiation and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
TETRA Technologies, Inc. is a geographically diversified oil and gas services company that provides niche products and services focused on well completion and on late-life production enhancement and decommissioning. In addition, it is the world's largest, vertically integrated producer, marketer, and distributor of calcium chloride, which it supplies as feedstocks—along with its brominated products—for its completion fluids business as well as for applications in a variety of other markets. TETRA holds premier market positions in several niche oil and gas service market categories, including: completion services, well abandonment and decommissioning, production testing, and compression based production enhancement. TETRA is dedicated to serving its strong and diverse customer base, which includes most of the major multinational exploration and production companies, many of the large and midsized independents and a number of smaller producers.
Headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas, TETRA® is a global company with employees and operations on six continents.
TETRA offers very competitive rates and an excellent Benefit Package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance , 401(k) Plan and Supplemental Life Insurance.