Skills: Ships Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The 3rd Engineer is in charge of executing preventative/corrective maintenance tasks and ongoing maintenance repairs to equipment pertaining to power plant, dynamic positioning systems, living quarter's equipment, and performs watch stander duties.
The 3rd Engineer executes the preventative / corrective maintenance tasks and ongoing maintenance repairs in his / her area of responsibility. He/She also verifies the entries in the Oil Record Book and Engine Room Logbook are correct, and performs watch stander duties when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 2-years of offshore / merchant navy experience, preferably on a dynamically positioned vessel and worked in the position of 2nd Assistant Engineer (US) or 3rd Class Engineer (Non-US).
- Unlimited horsepower 2nd engineer's (3rd class motor A-III/1) watch-keeping license/certificate of competency, without limitations of horsepower, issued by his/her National Maritime Administration in compliance with the STCW Code.
- Medium voltage experience (11kV or higher) is preferred.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Act as a safety leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage associated risks with a special focus on Permit-to-Work and Isolation Procedures.
- Assisting in an engine room watch or assisting Chief Engineer/1st Engineer.
- Assume duties of an oiler (with an engineer rating) when required.
- Executing preventative and corrective maintenance, repairs of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components of:
- Power Plant and related Auxiliary Systems
- Dynamic Positioning Equipment and Auxiliary Systems
- Medium voltage systems
- HVAC systems
- Remote Operated Valve Systems
- Ballast and Bilge Systems
- Boilers, Incinerator and Auxiliary Systems
- Compressed Air Systems and equipment including both Service and Starting Air
- Lifeboats and Fast Rescue Craft
- Living Quarters and related Support Systems
- Emergency Shutdowns Systems, Safety Systems and Zero Discharge equipment
- Under all circumstances maintain a minimum amount of spares onboard - as per communication with supervisors and direct supports - for critical/maintenance/operational systems.
- Responsible for completing preventative maintenance and to document all maintenance completed accordingly in the CMMS.
- Ensure all maintenance is carried out in accordance with Pacific Drilling requirements, contractual obligations and that it does not interfere with well programs.
- Inform 2nd Engineer and Chief Engineer/1st Engineer and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect safe operation of the vessel.
Pacific Drilling is a fast growing company that is dedicated to becoming the preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. The employees of Pacific Drilling consist of a group of hard working, results driven and passionate people. At the core of our company values is a customer oriented environment that operates with the utmost integrity.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we would like to hear from you!