Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To act as the main focal point offshore and responsible for the co-ordination of all inspection activities. To ensure that plant and equipment is certified in accordance with Oceaneering and Client codes of practice, strategies and legislation with feedback of results to the client.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Support the Line Manager (LM) and/ or Senior Inspection Engineer (SIE) in delivery of Oceaneering workscope as defined in the contract with the client.
· Functionally report to the Offshore Installation Manager for the provision and co-ordination of all Inspection Services.
Maintain close liaison with the platform personnel to ensure activities such as equipment scheduling, planning, availability etc. are implemented.
Compiling and Issuing of work packs detailing requirements for inspections.
· Assist in all strategy reviews and in the development of inspection programmes. Where necessary input to detailed plans, programmes, workscopes and carry out pre-surveys of equipment.
· Undertake all agreed offshore inspections within the limitations ensuring they are implemented and completed as scheduled.
· Supervise Oceaneering offshore personnel and third parties whilst offshore. Ensure the contractor understands the workscope, associated risks and the work is completed and reported as specified in the workscope. Carry out briefings/Tool Box Talks to all Inspection/ NDT Personnel.
· Issue inspection reports (include interim ones as required) within a dedicated time period. Use approved forms/templates for items inspected ensuring condition, suitability for further service and observations are included plus supporting information such as NDT reports.
· Update inspection database (e.g. ACET) and maintenance management systems (e.g. Maximo, SAP) with inspection activities.
· Review and where applicable sign acceptance of inspection reports completed by NDT technicians or Third parties.
· Assess defects or anomalies found, ensuring use of the Oceaneering or client anomaly process e.g. IQRO procedure
· Provide remedial recommendations as required and inspect the subsequent repair work for acceptance.
· Attend meetings and reviews as appropriate e.g. Shutdown, IQRO, planning, safety and hazard risk assessment etc.
· Maintain assigned Logs or Registers up-to-date and in accordance with Oceaneering/client procedures.
· Issue status reports as required e.g. daily/ weekly/ handover, etc.
· Provide support as required to audits e.g. verification, client, internal, etc.
· The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
· Assist with any other duties as and when required
· Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
· Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
· Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
· Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
· Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.