Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assist the Senior Engineer with the effective provision and operation of inspection systems and services to the allocated Assets/ sites. To ensure that plant and equipment is Certified in accordance with Oceaneering and Client codes of practice, strategies and legislation.
- Support the Senior Discipline Engineers in the assessment of problems both technical and operational by sourcing information, progressing actions, notification of actions etc
- Participate in all RBA reviews to assist in the development of inspection programmes and where necessary develop detailed plans, programmes and workscopes
- Ensure the above are captured in the Maintenance Management System(MMS) and /or ACET (or similar database).
- Provide details and information to ensure annual corrosion monitoring work scopes and inspection plans are prepared
- Develop workpacks for Senior Engineer approval as per the inspection program or for unplanned activities
- Review and process inspection reports, anomaly reports, repair orders etc. and update reports databases etc., instructed by Senior Engineers.
- Provide coordination in implementing the anomaly process.
- Review incoming workflow as instructed by Senior Engineers.
- Maintain and update registers such as for deadlegs, trunnions, temporary repairs etc.
- Interface with ACET Support to ensure workflow is efficient.
- Process corrosion monitoring and inspection data for input into relevant databases and where appropriate recommend changes in the corrosion monitoring/inspection programmes.
- Interpret corrosion monitoring and inspection data in the database and where appropriate recommend changes in the corrosion monitoring/inspection programmes
- Monitor and ensure weekly and monthly listings, such as overdue reports, are maintained and updated as necessary
- Assist with long term corrosion monitoring and inspection planning activities
- Plan and organise mobilisation requirements such as technical briefings, workpacks and assist with logistics (e.g. accommodations, flights and equipment associated with site work)
- Review of CTRs for upcoming jobs
- Perform relief Offshore/Site Inspection Engineer duties as and when required
- Carry out the Preparation collation and retrieval of project specific technical data and reporting.
- Assist with duties as directed by Senior Discipline Engineers
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Attend LM's or client safety meetings as requested
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum UKAS RG2 Category 4 compatible
- Appropriate HNC/HND qualification
- Degree in Engineering related discipline
- Incorporated Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or working towards award
- Offshore medical and BOSIET certification
- NDT certification for core techniques
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 5 years of specific experience related to the job description (E). This could possibly be reduced based on qualifications and type of experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes, standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment (P)
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDE techniques (E)
- Experience of ACET or equivalent (E). If no previous experience, training must be completed in a timely manner (E)
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving and a good communicator, both written and verbal (E)
- Ability to work to given deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience of working on PC work stations in particular with Microsoft Excel and Word products
- Ensures that regular consistent communication and interaction takes place with project team.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.