Materials & Piping Inspector
Intertek Technical Specialists (TS) and Sr. Technical Specialists (Sr. TS) are classified as Inspectors and their competencies are verified by Technical Managers / Field Qualify Supervisors (FQS) in accordance with Intertek-s local Technical Inspection Services competency procedures. As the result of the technical interviews, the competencies for each TS are indicated in the Intertek-s Operating System (GRM). Some of the qualifications, knowledge skills and abilities required are: Strainers, Expansion Joints, Plates, Forgings, Castings, Flanges, Fittings, Tubing, Bolting, Gaskets and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE). Many TS are qualified for multiple Competency Categories, as verified by the FQS and documented in the technical interview.
Co-operate in all matters relating to the proper functioning of the Company Quality System i.e. Internal Reviews, Audits etc. and to report, in a timely manner any errors or omissions found in the Company issued documentation (procedures etc.) or knowledge of customer dissatisfaction.
HEALTH SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEM
Be aware of company policies and procedures with respect to Health, Safety and Environmental issues with respect to office based and field personnel. Ensure the implementation of company policies / procedures and any applicable legislative regulations with respect to H S & E. Ensure the documented investigation and follow up of any reported incidents to a satisfactory conclusion.
This position reports to the Technical Manager or to a Field Quality Supervisor within Industry Services - TIS.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
A Technical Specialist, (TS or Sr. TS), is experienced in performing visual inspection of materials and/or fabricated equipment at vendor shops or on-site fabrication or testing facilities. The Inspector or TS is qualified for his position by the following combination of technical competence components: work experience, education, industry certification and technical training.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge and enforcement of Intertek's and site-specific safety requirements
- Experience in quality control inspections and tests, including nondestructive testing techniques, mechanical testing, dimensional inspection, pressure testing and coating inspections
- 3-5+ years 3rd party vendor inspection, expediting or auditing
- High School Diploma or GED + Trade School, On-The-Job Training or University Diploma
- Valid Industry Certification preferred - Examples of such certifications include, but not limited to: AWS CWI, API 510, 570, SI, (Source Inspector), NACE CIP 1, 2, 3, ASNT NDT Level II, III
- Technical training in subjects, such as, but not limited to: quality, NDT, blueprint reading, industry standards, auditing, expediting, materials, welding, coatings, electrical components, instrumentation, pressure testing, well control, equipment operation and assembly
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Capable of performing inspections or audits and reviewing testing for conformance to Client specifications, industry standards, and approved procedures and reporting of results
- Capable of reviewing material test reports to conformance with applicable codes and standards
- Basic knowledge of material properties
- Clear understanding of basic procurement and fabrication processes with knowledge of relevant codes and specifications for the oil and gas industry
- Capable of performing the follow-up of dispositions and corrective actions related to non-conformances
- Ability to travel frequently throughout the continental US
- Capable of documenting inspection activities in electronic formats
- Proficient in MS Office programs, Outlook
Intertek promotes a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran-s status or based on disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Intertek is one of the largest and most respected specialized staffing and outsourcing agencies operating in the engineering and technical services marketplace. Working closely with its clients, Intertek has played a critical role in staffing some of the most notable projects to have been designed, engineered, constructed and commissioned on all major continents.
Intertek’s competitive advantage lies in its unique ability to provide highly qualified personnel that clearly meet the client’s needs, expectations and site placement requirements. This is accomplished through a network of dedicated, proactive and strategic recruitment centers established in multiple geographic regions providing an impressive ability to identify, screen, hire and deploy not only expatriate resources but also local and regional expertise. This proficiency is not easily found in today's marketplace, thus positioning Intertek to contribute significant value to the client's local labor content and sustainable development initiatives.