Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Global Commercial Technology Group (PTD/L) within P&T is the technology department of the Shell Global Commercial Business and operates from major Technology hubs and Technical Centers in the US, Europe and Asia/Shanghai. Shell (Shanghai) Technology Limited (SST) is part of Global Commercial Technology network worldwide. The primary focus of the Global Commercial Technology Group is delivery of the agreed R&D and Technical Support programs to the GC business. The Specialty Technology Solutions Centers have their research centers in Shanghai and Bangkok.
The HSSE Advisor Global Commercial Technology Group East will effectively manage Shell Technology Center Shanghai and Specialty Technology Solution Centers the HSE risks and contractor safety by providing expert advise and support through a systematic Risk Management approach and use of tools such as Permit to Work, Management of Change, Emergency Response, Training, review of Job Safety Analysis, and auditing of HSE programs. He/She will be based in Shanghai Technology Center.
The role requires a good oversight on the broad HSSE agenda of PT Safety and Environment function and specifically the Technology S&E Team and its application for SST, and Speciality Solutions Centers. The HSSE Advisor should have an enterprise first drive towards Goal Zero, collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders, and business partnering with the key focus on.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Managing the HSE Management Systems and Control Framework requirements of SST and Specialty Technology Solutions Centers (those located in Shanghai and Bangkok).
- Provide HSSE coaching for operations, asset supervisors and managers and frontline leaders, which enables their visible and felt HSSE & SP leadership.
- Coordinate with Line Leadership, Real Estate and HSSE champions to deliver SST HSSE Dashboard performance, HSSE improvement plan, tracking progress, organize Audits and assurance checks.
- Act coach for local staff to develop HSSE&SP MS implementation skills.
- Assist in the management of site Emergency Response tasks
- Support in day to day HSSE oversight of contractor resources including review of Job Safety Analysis
- Custodian of SST HSSE Performance Score card, tracking of trends, analysis of HSSE data.
- Monitor HSSE&SP Performance according to Shell PMR and Country Legal requirements and publish reports.
- Responsible for providing knowledge and guidance on the Permit to Work Program, Management of Change,
- Prepare and execute SST HSSE Assurance activities such as LOD1, LOD2 and LOD3 level.
- Coordinate and lead annual HSE&SP Management review process
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of ShellÃ¢‚¬™s core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the worldÃ¢‚¬™s energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.
- Technical or Operational background of 10 years with at least 5 + yearsÃ¢‚¬™ experience, in operational HSE management.
- Experience in setting up, implementation and review/audit of an HSE & SP Management System.
- Experience integrating HSE & SP requirements effectively into business processes.
- Hands-on experience in the preparations and maintenance of the Shell HSE & SP Control Framework implementation would be a key advantage.
- Good communication, presentation, influencing and business writing skills.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video