Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
As a member of a small centralized team of five people, the Finance Advisor applies commercial finance and accounting skills to enable delivery of the operational and financial objectives for the US integrated downstream supply chain.
The position is responsible for a broad range of finance activities including but not limited to:
- transparent, timely, and quality analysis of capital projects, divestments, and terminal agreements
- advising on the finance/accounting implications of business contracts, issues and decisions
- driving business performance through insights from financial analysis
- providing business decision support on project proposals, including assessing risks, scope and value
- utilizing internal and external data to continuously identify opportunities to improve competitiveness of the assets
- monitoring and ensuring value delivery across the integrated supply chain
- working with Shell specialist accounting and finance teams globally to provide complete and efficient finance input to the business
- ad-hoc project support
This role is based in Shell's Houston offices but supports its distribution terminals, refining and chemicals manufacturing locations across the United States. Regular travel to the locations may be required based on project needs. The position is a key development role providing the opportunity to apply financial acumen and learn the intricacies of the distribution business in relation to the end to end value chain. Finance careers with Shell, depending on individual performance, offer opportunity for advancement and movement to other locations and businesses. Applicants should have mobility beyond the Houston offices where they will start their career.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum ten (10+) years of relevant financial experience.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong communication skills; ability to relay financial information and concepts to people with different backgrounds
- Demonstrated financial modeling skills
- Commercial curiosity to fully understand the business and explore value opportunities
- Ability to be a strong leader and work effectively in a multi-dimensional and diverse global team
- Experience participating in cross-functional initiatives or projects while continuing to manage core workload
- Ability to devise and implement process improvements
- Sound understanding of basic accounting and financial reporting principles
- Strong problem-solving skills; proactive in resolving issues
- Experience with business software e.g. Microsoft Office products, SAP
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video