Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Technical Accounting Policy Advisor position will support the Shell Midstream (MLP) by ensuring the regulatory requirements associated with the existing portfolio and planned acquisitions are understood, and that the organization is in compliance. In addition, ensure proper accounting of Shell Pipeline LP significant transactions in compliance with IFRS
This role is for a candidate with a strong technical background in IFRS and US GAAP reporting, CPA required:
- Serves as a technical accounting resource for ad hoc questions and projects
- Represent Pipeline business on global RDS projects and forums.
- Leads accounting review of pipeline contracts and agreements, including but not limited to the areas of revenue recognition, business combinations, equity and leasing including technical accounting documentation, and quantifying any potential impacts as well as ensuring proper accounting is implemented
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and facilitate the review process with finance management and external auditors
- Conduct financial due diligence of M&A transactions, as needed
- Takes a lead role in the implementation of new accounting standards/pronouncements and Shell's internal accounting policies including developing implementation project plans and liaising with impacted groups
- Assists in the preparation of Shell Pipeline's financial statement disclosures and reports as needed for new accounting standards
- Updates policies for any new accounting changes as needed
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance skills required, will be accountable for several SOx controls.
- Understands US GAAP versus IFRS differences and able to assess impacts on the conclusions/recommendations in position papers/memos. Factor those differences into the assessment of financial implications and recommendations to operations.
- Primary interface to the external auditors for technical Shell Pipeline matters, representing the SPLC's interests and ensuring a balanced discussion
- Accountable for building the technical accounting competence of the local and offshore Shell Pipeline's finance teams and for building the awareness of relevant accounting technical issues through formal training and education as well as periodic issuance of hot topics.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting required/Advanced degree in Accounting preferred.
- CPA required.
- Minimum ten (10+) years of experience with at least 5 years in public company and or SEC reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS including in-depth experience across multiples financial statement areas including revenue recognition, business combinations, leasing, and equity matters with a strong ability to solve problems with complex transactions.
- Ability to work with senior management and influence decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated project management, verbal communication, analytical and written skills.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video