Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Northern Delaware in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol: MRO. Our strategy is focused on the lower cost, higher margin U.S. resource plays that are liquids rich. Our playbook is simple: a strengthened balance sheet, relentless focus on costs, simplifying and concentrating our portfolio, and profitable growth within cash flows.
This position reports to the Marketing Accounting Supervisor within the Accounting Organization and will be responsible for marketing accounting functions for the Company’s US assets. This position will interface regularly with Revenue Accounting, Marketing, Land and Legal. The incumbent will need to demonstrate strong problem solving, organizational, communication, and collaboration skills and a high level of initiative to realize department deliverables and goals within aggressive deadlines.
- Focus a large portion of effort on data entry and learning with some time spent on analysis and problem-solving.
- Create and send sales invoices to customers and ensure receipt of funds for assigned area of responsibility timely.
- Review and pay transportation invoices.
- Actualize pipes in marketing system.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconcilements and actively work outstanding balances.
- Provide data for audit, litigation and acquisition and disposition issues and requests.
- Track pipeline imbalances.
- Interact positively with other departmental personnel.
- Demonstrate initiative in seeking additional responsibility.
- Bring ideas that promote sound recommendations that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- May assist with less complex projects
- Degree: Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred
- Computer Proficiencies: SAP PRA or equivalent revenue systems, Endur or Allegro, and Excel
- Work Experience: Entry level up to 5 years of O&G marketing accounting experience.
- Location: Houston
- Supervisory: No
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.