Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Mansfield, Pennsylvania, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Reporting to Product Line leadership, the Field Service Technician responds as necessary to provide implementation, testing, maintenance and repairs on a variety of automation equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform skilled tasks including all levels of maintenance, repairs, and overhauls as directed by leadership.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all levels of WM automation equipment and mechanical system failures.
- Optimize WM equipment performance.
- Stay abreast of advanced pump and automation theory and maintenance.
- Comply with all company and customer safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with all other company policies and procedures.
- Complete appropriate paperwork as directed.
- Perform duties as trainer when required.
- Continually hone and develop electronic and computer skills.
- Demonstrate and further develop leadership skills.
- Present a professional image.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be highly proficient in automated and mechanical systems maintenance.
- Possess complete understanding of surface water management equipment.
- Must have troubleshooting skills that seldom require assistance.
- Should be able to diagnose electronic and mechanical control problems.
- Must be able to operate all types of diagnostic tools.
- Must be willing to travel and willing to relocate, if necessary.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Tetra inventory policy and be able to help control inventory.
- Must have strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Must be willing to work unusual hours.
- Must be able to pass all non-DOT drug-related testing.
- Must be able to meet company lifting standards.
- Must have full set of hand tools as defined by company standards. (We will provide the tools?)
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good customer-relation skills.
- Should have thorough understanding of reference materials.
- Must be willing to attend training classes and/or seminars as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or formal vocational training is preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred, but not required
- Must have three to five years of Instrumentation experience.
- Preferably process instrumentation / SCADA
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- English / Spanish bilingual is desirable, but not required.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Ability to write instructions and information on materials.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Should have general computer skills and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate diagnostic tool.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have a valid drivers license, be able to maintain an acceptable driving record in line with CSI requirements and possess a clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Often required to lift heavy objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
TETRA Technologies, Inc. is a geographically diversified oil and gas services company, focused on completion fluids and associated products and services, water management, after-frac flow back, production well testing, offshore rig cooling, compression services and equipment, and selected offshore services including well plugging and abandonment, decommissioning, and diving.
Headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas, TETRA® is a global company with employees and operations on six continents. We were incorporated in Delaware on February 6, 1981 and trade on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol TTI. Our indirect, wholly owned subsidiary Compressco Partners, L.P. trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol CCLP.
TETRA Technologies, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
TETRA Technologies, Inc. is a geographically diversified oil and gas services company that provides niche products and services focused on well completion and on late-life production enhancement and decommissioning. In addition, it is the world's largest, vertically integrated producer, marketer, and distributor of calcium chloride, which it supplies as feedstocks—along with its brominated products—for its completion fluids business as well as for applications in a variety of other markets. TETRA holds premier market positions in several niche oil and gas service market categories, including: completion services, well abandonment and decommissioning, production testing, and compression based production enhancement. TETRA is dedicated to serving its strong and diverse customer base, which includes most of the major multinational exploration and production companies, many of the large and midsized independents and a number of smaller producers.
Headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas, TETRA® is a global company with employees and operations on six continents.
TETRA offers very competitive rates and an excellent Benefit Package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance , 401(k) Plan and Supplemental Life Insurance.