Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Skills: Drilling Manager, Petroleum Engineering, Workover or Completion
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for Refinery & Petrochemical experience candidates for world biggest single train oil refinery project.
Site based Process operations for Nigeria, Lagos.
Qualification - Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering or a master's degree in a related technical engineering discipline. An advanced degree is preferred.
Experience - Minimum 15 years - 20 years from Oil & Gas / Construction / Infrastructure.
Below is the Job Description for Drilling & Completition Manager:
• Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering or a master's degree in a related technical engineering discipline.
• At least 20 years diversified drilling and completions , petroleum engineering and operations experience, at least 10 years of which has had a major focus on drilling and completions well planning and execution, reservoir development, completions design and production operations. Must be proficient in designing wells from reservoir back. At least 10 years of concept design experience with demonstrated skills in understanding relationships between well count, drainage, flowrate and field economics. Innovation and cost control or key attributes
• Demonstrated ERD and horizontal / multilateral development experience in offshore shallow water (<500 feet water depth) environments is a requirement Experience in a smaller, independent oil and gas company is strongly preferred as is marginal field development and innovation.
• Directly related experience in challenging international locations is required; West Africa residence experience is strongly preferred.
• Proven abilities in successfully leading horizontal and marginal field oil and gas development from drilling through completion to production in a challenging greenfield location.
• Strong project management experience to provide oversight to office and non office located well design engineers, and field operations--- all of which will be outsourced through a variety of suppliers- not employees.
• Demonstrated verifiable history in managing multi cultural teams, organizations and contractors to deliver value in an African environment.
• Ensure that production targets, as set by the organization, are met or exceeded. This will include installation of early production facilities, MOPU's FSO's etc for exploration discoveries.
• Establish, lead and manage both well design and operations teams which will work to the highest appropriate international standards and which will employ best practice in the design, management and cost-effective execution of well construction, testing and production operations.
• Working with outsourced field staff and contractors, ensure that wells are drilled, completed and tested in accordance with approved work programs and budgets. Strive for constant improvement and achieving best in class results in D&C well design and operations.
• Lead the planning and assist in obtaining approval for large and small scale appraisal and development programs.
• Ensure that no expenditure is incurred without budget approval.
• Ensure that cost recovery is not jeopardized through failure to follow approved procurement procedures and local content requirements.
• Establish well maintenance programs which will avoid downtime and loss of production and which will ensure that the subsurface (and to some extent surface) facilities achieve their design life.
• A strong desire to be a "safety champion" and instill an incident and injury free culture throughout the organization.
• Cost conscious and driven to bring cost control and cost management into all levels of the operations.
• Proven success in building good relations and working well with other departments to achieve business goals; e.g. RES/G&G and Procurement groups.
• Successfully manage service companies and contractors to design and deliver the wells safely ( 75% outsourcing in office, 95% outsourcing to deliver tactical execution in the field)
• Significant experience building positive business relationships with government authorities.
• Demonstrated superior interpersonal, leadership and cross-cultural skills.
• Willingness to travel to Nigeria on a regular basis for two months at a time.
• Results oriented. Tenacious, committed and determined - not easily frustrated by the vagaries of doing business in developing companies.
• Uncompromising regarding the business ethics and practices of the company, but sensitive in articulating his/her position to stakeholders (i.e. "iron fist in a velvet glove").
• Self-motivated with a high level of enthusiasm and energy, coupled with a strong work ethic.
• Strong communication and stellar teamwork skills with the proven ability to express ideas and opinions and gain consensus.
• Practical with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to display and exercise sound judgment.
• Demonstrated record of diligence and attention to detail working with very high standards both personally and technically.
• A management philosophy that supports dignity and respect throughout the organization.
• Will be patient, tolerant and sensitive to different cultures and be able to maintain sound relations with direct reports, other departments and senior management.