Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Working with customers, demonstrates knowledge of existing and emerging technology and product areas. Communicates to individual clients how the use of technology solutions allow them to be more productive. Is able to articulate and apply mainstay process for assignment delivery. Has the ability to lead small teams and communicate directly with clients. Effectively plans and manages own workload or that of a small team to meet desired service level targets. Maintains a consistent client-focused approach with clients and/or individuals. Requires a completion of an undergraduate degree in geo-science, engineering, computer science or business and-experience in a similar role.
- 15+ years of proven experience in Cloud/IT/Networking/Operating systems.
- Preferably experienced in the -Oil and Gas industry.
- Desirable Experience of Azure and AWS cloud provider technologies and deployment techniques including PowerShell
- Systems knowledge in the following areas:
- Networking - firewalls, traffic flow, security, switches
- Security - authentication, Active Directory, Kerberos, LDAP, SAML, domain group policies
- Storage - file systems, DR, backups, data lakes, Hadoop
- Web technologies - IIS, Apache, JBOSS, Tomcat, NodeJS, SharePoint
- Databases - Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQLServer. SQL scripting and database administration
- Encryption - SSL, encoding/decoding
- Virtualisation - Hyper-V and VMWare experience, virtual appliances, VDI technologies
- Container/Docker technology - hyper-virtualisation and micro-services experience
- Server Operating systems - Windows, RHEL 6 and 7 system administration
- Graphics rendering technologies
- Thin-client technologies - XenApp, Horizon
- Programming - Python, Java, Linux BASH, PowerShell
- Applications - Oil -industry experience, installation, configuration, troubleshooting
- Data management - knowledge of data types, nomenclature and governance across domains e.g. wells, seismic, production and drilling
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
97 Jubilee Avenue, Milton Park,-Abingdon,-Oxfordshire,-OX14 4RW, United Kingdom
Experience Level:-Experienced Hire-
Product Service Line:-Landmark Software & Services--
Full Time / Part Time:-Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:-
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.