Skills: Civil Engineering, Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Pengerang, Johor, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Commissioning Instrument Superintendent, CIT
Reference: PIR 394605130
Date of issue: 12/06/2018
RAPID - HDPE
Reports to: Commissioning Manager
Assigned to the Project by AVIMP Head of Department.
Job Location: RAPID, Pengerang, Malaysia
Job type/Contract: Temporary, starts on 1st of September 2018 - ends 30th of June 2019
Hours/rotation: Rotation of 91 days on site and 15 days off (+2 days traveling)
Salary range: Competitive salary package with benefits
Full board and lodging on site
Travel to home country in economy class
Job summary/Role description
CIT supports the Commissioning Manager in the activities of planning, execution, documentation preparation and hand over to the Client of the facilities as per project requirements.
He ensures at site the implementation of the procedures.
He operates in compliance with the quality requirements, health/environmental/safety regulations and following the stated procedures
Duties and responsibilities
• Ensure that all pre-commissioning and commissioning activities are carried out according to stated procedures and agreed schedule;
• Ensure that quality standards and safety procedures are being followed by commissioning staff, including adherence to work permit requirements;
• Review the pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures for all installations under his responsibilities (field instrumentation, fire and gas units, on line analysers, telecommunication system);
• Develop new or review the existing inspection forms for the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities pertaining to instrument activities;
• With reference to the General Pre-commissioning Schedule system wise, prepare the detailed program for all Instrumentation items. Define the daily activities and develop the day by day planning following the priorities agreed with the Commissioning Superintendent;
• Coordinates Field instrument activities with Commissioning Control Systems Superintendent in order to ensure a smooth execution of the Commissioning Plan, in line with the constrains and priorities defined by the Commissioning Manager;
• Monitor and ensure the activities are carried out as per schedule;
• Assign the tasks to the supervisors/assistants;
• Support the CIS and cooperate with the other Commissioning discipline Superintendents (mechanical, electrical, and control systems) in order to complete the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities to allow a smooth hand-over of the project within the target dates and priorities defined with the Commissioning Manager;
• Report and update on the progress of the activities;
• Liaise with Client Project Team, Project Management, Subcontractors, Vendors Representatives;
• Propose to the Commissioning Manager and CVC the needs for mobilization of Vendors specialists. Organize and follow up in field all the activities required to implement the Vendors requirements and activities at Site;
• Support the Vendors specialists in the execution of the job and coordinate their actions with the Commissioning supervisors;
• Ensure availability of commissioning spares and consumables for the execution of activities.
Knowledge & Qualifications
Suitable University Degree
Significant experience with instrumentation and control systems commissioning including a similar role performed on several projects;
Significant experience in Chemical & Petrochemical projects, specifically High-Density Polyethylene plants;
Skills and Abilities
Excellent IT and analytical skills;
Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution;
Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Special Requirements and Comments
ONLY SPONTANEOUS CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
The information submitted shall include:
- expected salary ($/year, gross)
- notice period (weeks)
- email address of the candidate.