Skills: Operations Management, Production Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This role is part of the Regional Performance & Development team and the primary focus is to deliver Operational Excellence activities across our LOBP (Lubricants Oil Blending Plant) Network by partnering with Operations, Engineering and other functions to deliver Top-Quartile Performance.
The Regional Production Performance Lead is accountable for leading our external benchmarking activities, collaborating with business partners to develop/implement central strategies, identify opportunities and implement solutions to drive improvements (operation efficiency, Carbon Emissions, Flushing Oil, Production Schedule Accuracy, etc.) within our LOBP Operations. This role will be based in Shanghai office and play for the region of China/HongKong.
• Collecting the voice of customers (external customers through sales/marketing, and internal functions) and translating into key areas of improvements in plant operations
• Lead regional benchmarking and efforts to sustain and/or improve LOBPs in their quartiles based on benchmarking.
• Keeps up to date with recent developments in and out of the industry to pick up on the most relevant for LSC (Lubricants Supply Chain) and drive to implementation. Operates global network together within whole region APMESA & CN/HK.
• Challenges current business practices, methodology and procedures through the application of continuous improvement, benchmarking outcomes, best practice techniques and knowledge with an e2e (End-to-End) perspective along the offer to delivery cycle.
• Drives regional activities in Plant Operations space: Drives planning, performance monitoring and review & delivery of the activities for the CI (continuous improvement) cultural change & competency development, to ensure adequate use of the toolset for the delivery of the Plant Operations value bucket for the region.
• Participation in multifunctional project teams is expected. Project topics may include supporting business development initiatives, supporting alignment of local operations and implementing global initiatives in all aspects of supply chain excellence, etc.
• Provides recommendations to improve supply chain strategies and design including operations/engineering improvements, support development of end to end Supply Chain processes etc.
• Take lead role to drive of APMESA & CN/HK standardization and CI initiatives and coaching of LEAN practitioners on the ground doing LSC projects as necessary.
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.
• Strong understanding of regional dynamics & reality while keeping a clear, open mind to "new"
• Ability to evaluate applicability of global/industry practices with respect to LSC operational environment & regional economic context, and accordingly, take the concept, adopt to the regional conditions/needs & bridge to implementation.
• Drive production performance for all AP sites having common cost levers
• Develop/equip people to support regional operations
• Drive and grow CI culture in the whole operation organizations
• Manage different physical and cultural environment within the whole AP sites
• Good knowledge of the site/plant processes
• Work across LSC AP Operations, relying on good influencing & engagement skills to drive the improvement activities
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.