Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Production Reporting Accountant
- Location: Houston
- Supervisory: No
- Degree: Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred
- Computer Proficiencies: SAP PRA or equivalent revenue systems, ProCount and Excel
- Work Experience: Entry level up to 5 years of O&G experience. Production reporting experience in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and North Dakota is a plus.
This position reports to the Production Reporting Manager within the Accounting Organization and will be responsible for production allocations and regulatory reporting for the Company’s US assets. This position will interface regularly with Revenue Accounting, Tax & Royalty, Marketing Accounting, Operations and Land. The incumbent will need to demonstrate strong problem solving, organizational, communication, and collaboration skills and a high level of initiative to realize department deliverables and goals within aggressive deadlines.
- Record oil and gas delivery networks in SAP PRA.
- Understand the field setup and flow in order to record volumes accurately.
- Assist accrual group to ensure monthly volume variance explanations are prepared.
- Work with Operations and field personnel and maintain positive working relationships.
- Complete and file regulatory reports accurately and timely.
- Work with Tax and Royalty group to reconcile volume variances on regulatory reports.
- Provide data for royalty, litigation and property acquisition & disposition issues and requests.
- Interact with other departmental personnel to improve departmental communication.
- Possess strong knowledge of production reporting and share that knowledge with others.
- Demonstrate initiative in seeking additional responsibility.
- Bring ideas that promote sound recommendations that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- May assist with less complex projects.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.