This position is responsible for engineering and design practices to support the Mechanical Engineering Department on both project related matters and compliance matters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components and equipment according to customer or industry standards and requirements.
• Reviews existing products and recommends design improvements to achieve, including but not limited to, simplified designs and reduced manufacturing lead times and cost, as well as to meet new customer requirements.
• Responsible for completing manufacturing and fabrications prints prior to engineering release.
• Assists suppliers and internal operations with any general manufacturing questions, non-conformances and dispositions.
• Develops or modifies assembly and manufacturing testing procedures to be carried out by operations and to follow customer requirements.
• Develops preventative maintenance plans existing or new products as required by the customer.
• Supports customers on the operation maintenance and system continuous improvement.
• Remain abreast of current technological progress to ensure the Company's products remain marketable and competitive.
• Abide by Company policies and procedures
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
• A PE or EIT is preferred.
• Should have 5-10 years of work experience in oilfield product design and development preferrably to one of the following: Casing Exit System (whipstock) or Running, Drilling Jars.
• Must be proficient in Solidworks 3D CAD design software as well as Solidworks Simulation Analysis
• Must have knowledge of codes and standards in ASME, ASTM, ABS, API, AWS, ASHRAE and other related industries.
• Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
• Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
• Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
• The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
• This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
• Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
• Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
• Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
• Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
• Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
• As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.