Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To support the Supply Chain Manager and Purchasing Team by maximising purchasing power to improve competitive edge and to deliver best value, price, quality, on-time delivery, utilising purchasing tools and techniques in line with recognised best practice, legal and policy requirements.
- Involvement in supply chain strategy and approach, aiding towards global goals & objectives
- Deliver aggressive year on year savings targets against project budgets in line with Procedures
- Preparation for Bid Work i.e. Approved Vendor Listing and ad-hoc requirements
- Develop, lead and manage the procurement process for Project Specific Termination Hardware
- Maintenance of fixed pricing schedules, maximizing long term agreements and ensuring global requirements are considered
- Manage Intercompany transactions, inventory movements ensuring deadlines are met
- Creation of all Project Work Breakdown Structures
- Support Stage Gate Review and creation of Project Budgets
- Supplier selection and negotiations including terms and conditions, incoterms, payment terms, pricing and service levels.
- Support other divisions within the OUS campus where required
- Support Quality in vendor related non-conformances and development, ensuring lessons learned are executed fully
- Participate in HSE Awareness - Observation Cards, HSE Safety Suggestions
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Chartered Institute Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Qualification or studying towards CIPS Qualification
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to work on own initiative and also part of a team
- Competent in ERP System
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to understand technical drawings
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.