Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 13 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Production Enhancement & Cementing Technical Software – Halliburton Digital Solutions
Under the broad direction from QA Manager, Test Architect should be able to design automation Framework for multiple software products built in various Web / Windows Technology as well contribute to Total Quality practices & strategy across projects. Additional responsibilities include the ability to:
- Collaborate with Development lead , Architects , Product owners to design robust and sustainable Automation framework
- Review automation scripts of other team members / outside consultants
- Work with QA manager to create best quality (Manual & Automation) practices across projects
- Work in partnership with the Offshore teams (from vendors) to advance an effective and efficient execution of automation & QA process
- Contribute to Manual test strategy
- Minimum 13 years of relevant experience in Software testing
- Solid experience of writing Automation scripts
- BS with preferred MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Expertise in automation frameworks supporting various layers and phases of testing (e.g. component, integration, QA, UA)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to explain complex technical information to technical and non-technical contacts
- Professional certification and licenses related to software Testing / Automation is a plus
- Solid experience in Scrum and Agile development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in real-time and data acquisition applications
- Oilfield science and engineering application experience a plus
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience building automation framework for Windows as well as Web application.
- Solid experience of Page Object pattern
- Solid CI tools experience, such as TFS/Jenkins
- Must have RDBMS (MSSQL, MySQL) & SQL knowledge
- Experience of API testing tools is big plus
- Experience writing or using Performance testing tools
- Experience of various tools such as but not limited to CodedUI, TestComplete/WinRunner/Ranorex
- Experience around RESTful web services automation, JSON and XML
- Telerik Automation Framework or Selenium/Cucumber/SpecFlow is plus
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 61230
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.