Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Business Development, Sales
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Amega West Services is a global leader in the manufacture and rental of O&G drilling equipment and downhole tools for vertical, directional, and horizontal drilling. A company of Carpenter Technology Corporation, Amega West combines its superior service quality with Carpenter's high-performance CarTech® materials to provide equipment and tools with superior mechanical properties and corrosion resistance in HPHT drilling conditions and wellbore environments.
Amega West is also pioneering design improvements for enhanced drilling performance with powder metallurgy and additive manufacturing. Headquartered in Houston, Amega West operates service facilities in the US, Canada, Singapore, and UAE, and stocks inventory in Saudi Arabia, and Indonesia.
Position will support the Oklahoma region and the Dallas area
· Participate with management in updating territory plan and set sales goals. Determine sales potential for new and existing customers through inquiry, observation or periodical research. Prepare and conduct sales presentations of products to new and existing customers. Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products.
· Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction. Increase business and account base by finding and qualifying new business accounts using sales techniques to cross sell and up-sell. Maintain and improve customer relationships and satisfaction.
· Learn and apply new product knowledge to enhance sales and personal professionalism. Assist clients with special requests and problems (supply information, resolve complaints, etc).
· Visit job sites as needed to measure or provide client services. Gather competitive information and other market information regularly while interacting cooperatively with other members of the distribution team. Negotiate and establish pricing and terms according to company's requirements for customer transaction profitability.
· Prepare and present quotations. Communicate to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products. Assist in scheduled physical inventory counts.
· Monitor customers' current credit status. Remain current with changes in local codes and consumer preferences. Remain current on product and industry knowledge by attending sales meetings, vendor training, trade shows or reading trade journals.
· Follow company policies and procedures. Practice honesty and integrity in customer and vendor relations. Maintain technical and computer capability to effectively use contact management, distribution and office software. Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors. Participate in trade association functions as well as be active in local industry organizations.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED certification required, Bachelor's degree preferred. 2+ years in similar position, showing progressively increasing responsibility. Product/applications experience required. Wholesale distribution experience required. Field & City Sales experience a plus. Working knowledge of MS Office products and distribution software. Requires valid Driver's License and clean driving record. Ability to read engineering drawing and blueprints.
· Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales. Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques.
· Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent listening and interpersonal skills, excellent customer service and negotiating skills. Excellent problem solving and analytical ability.
· Requires a professional demeanor, team player who works productively with a wide range of people. Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
· Motivated self-started, comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
· Experience monitoring market to identify business opportunities. Technical expertise and knowledge of company products. Ability to manage time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
· Requires strong business math skills, organization skills, presentation and public speaking skills.