Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Engineering Technician, Process Technician
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The HCU WTC Tech Service team is responsible for delivering technical services in support of Criterion and Zeolyst International (ZI, a partly Shell owned JV catalyst company) hydrocracking business in the Americas and Canada.
- Preparation of technical part of proposals to win future business, both for retaining existing as well as winning new customers. This is done in cooperation with the customer facing organization team for the Americas
- Preparation and on-site advice for start-up and catalyst activation
- Supporting the customer with the use of the Criterion/ZI catalysts through unit monitoring, pro-active technical service, trouble shooting (when required) and optimization. These tasks require extensive use of comprehensive modeling and monitoring tools and are critical to maintain the incumbency
- Based on knowledge of the marketplace, provide input to R&D program goals for new catalyst product development
- Extensive communications and networking, including customers, Shell Global Solutions, Zeolyst, Criterion customer facing organizations and other technical services teams: Research, Development, and Technical (RD&T) team members, and Hydrocracking (HC) teams in Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEAR) and Asia Pacific Region (APR).
- Provide support to the Criterion Catalyst Canadian Office when necessary
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a fulltime basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- 4+ years experience in refining technology support
- Good knowledge of refining and hydroprocessing in general and hydrocracking in particular
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Experience in Hydrocracking is preferred, but general background in hydroprocessing and other catalytic processes will also be considered
- Knowledge of heterogeneous catalysis particularly in the areas of hydrotreating and hydrocracking is a plus
- Ability/experience to cooperate with Shell Global Solutions, the Shell Group as a whole and outside parties (clients, Engineering contractors, etc.) is a plus
- The individual must have strong technical skills and the ability to perform in-depth problem solving
- The individual must be proficient in use of spreadsheets and computer models
- The individual must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card
- Applicant should also:
- Be an effective team player
- Be a self-starter / self-directed in completing tasks
- Be able to work independently and take ownership for assigned work
- Be able to multi-task and manage several projects at the same time
- Be innovative in ways of working
- Have a strong customer orientation
- Work safely and in compliance with Shell's Life Saving Rules
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video