Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout the world's most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Senior Tax Analyst - International Tax will have knowledge in technical practices and processes to provide value to keep the ETR low, improve cash positions, maintain accurate reporting, advise business units and assist in audits and tax planning initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tax Compliance/Financial Reporting
- Prepare quarterly and annual ASC 740 tax accruals.
- Review foreign tax returns and coordinate with local finance managers and local tax advisors to ensure they are accurately and timely filed.
- Monitor international tax accounts - prepare monthly rollforwards for current/deferred tax expense, income taxes payable, NOLs, deferred tax assets/liabilities, FIN 48.
- Calculate return to provision adjustments.
- Consider uncertain tax positions, document the company's position and calculate FIN 48 reserves as necessary.
- Prepare tax basis balance sheets for international operations.
- Provide internal control documentation required by Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Prepare tax estimates, budgets, and tax forecast reports.
- Assist with foreign tax audits, coordinating with local finance managers and local tax advisors, providing tax research and helping to defend company transactions that are challenged.
- Identify and respond to complex domestic and international tax issues
- Provide technical tax advice
- Assist with tax plan preparation, execution, and documentation under supervision of International Tax Manager
- Constantly attain professional knowledge by monitoring emerging practices and technologies to develop trusted advisor status.
- Connect with various business teams to understand technical issues and operations as well as build relationships
- Suggest improvements to processes, products, and documentation as appropriate
- Participate in annual meetings with International Tax Director, local finance managers and tax advisors to discuss outstanding issues
- Develop annual goals and review progress regularly with the International Tax Manager.
- Attend relevant training programs for continuing professional education and to stay current on local country tax legislation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Accounting, Business, Finance
- Minimum of 5 years international tax experience in a large corporate or Big 4 tax department
- ASC 740 experience
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts and processes quickly through excellent writing and speaking skills
- Ability to confidently prioritize complex projects and demands
- Ability to collaboratively work with others
- Good knowledge MS Office Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Knowledge of tax preparation software ("OneSource" preferred)
- CPA or CPA Candidate is preferred but not required
- Fluent in Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Enjoys interacting with people to achieve outstanding results.
- Emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize that addresses strict deadlines while achieving intended results.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.