Comprehensive Schedule Management services are needed to support effective execution during project planning and execution phases, considering all other functions resources and assets in the project. The main function of a Facilities Engineering (FE) Planner / Scheduler is to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between multi-functional disciplines of all facilities projects according to production schedules. A typical FE planner/scheduler provides accurate and realistic assessment of maintenance and outages for the project and should be prepared to contribute to scenario planning. Identifies potential schedule risks, risk mitigation and improvement opportunities through his/her analysis of the overall facilities schedule as well as schedules provided by the participating functions and assets intended for incorporation into the overall schedule. Bridges the gap between multiple contractors such as Electrical, Mechanical, Civil and overall schedule management, thus contributing to better decision making by Project Teams.
• Maintains overall, integrated (to include all assets, functions and contractors) schedule during the project cycle; incorporating and monitoring contractor progress and schedules.
• Analyzes the contractor's scheduling plans and schedule updates for comparison to reported progress and alignment of other project controls discipline forecasts.
• Provides recommendations on cycle time reduction opportunities and techniques as related to other functional scheduling.
• Analyzes contractor daily/weekly/monthly progress reports to ensure accuracy and provide proper input into overall project reporting.
• Performs sampling of installed quantities to support reported progress; appropriate on all contract strategies.
• Interacts closely with Project Managers, Facilities Engineers, and Construction Representatives; robust timely communication is a must.
• Ensures project schedules are properly resource loaded.
• Ensures proper alignment and measurability between scope and schedule
• Performs staffing limitation checks to analyze and validate schedule durations and forecast completion dates.
• Performs critical path analysis to determine problem areas in regard to project schedule and resource overloads; alerts the project team to critical scheduling issues and potential alternatives.
• Ensures project/functional scope is integrated properly in all asset, functional, and contractor's schedules.
• Ensures system turnover sequence and timing is accurately reflected and integrated into schedule logic.
• Evaluates field change orders or project deviations to assess schedule and scope impact for proper decision making.
• 4+ years of Primavera P6 experience
• 4+ years of Microsoft Project, Word and Excel experience
• Project Schedule Management Business Management Process (business process management skills)
• Reporting (Daily/Weekly/Monthly/ad hoc)
• Understanding of oil and gas practices and sequences, including full value chain planning and scheduling
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, problem solving
• Interpersonal Effectiveness (Communication) - understand the workflow and communication is key
• High School Diploma/GED is required
• Rotational schedule- 9/80
• Person will be working in Midland 100% of the time.
• Contract to direct.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.