QA Technician- Midland, TX
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work in a 24/7 on-call schedule to support customer tool monitoring requirements
- Quality Assurance & Control: DS-1®, customer, industry, or vendor specification monitoring and enforcement on handling, completions, down hole and specialty tools
- Mill Surveillance of drill pipe and casing manufacturing
- Quality Audits: Quality Management System (QMS) reviews and technical process audits of Rental/Specialty Tool Providers, Inspection Facilities, Machine Shops, and Rig-sites to evaluate conformance to applicable international, industry, internal and customer specific standards
- Rig Site support: Monitor equipment make-up, running and handling practices, evaluate drilling equipment inventory and storage practices, provide instruction and guidance as necessary
- Communicate with Project Managers during assignments of job progress and issues
- Deliverable for all assignments is report and associated field documents containing discrepancies, actions and relevant technical details of the job
- Once qualified as a technician, provide on-the-job training, instruction, and mentorship to new employees
- Other activities as required for the success of the Technical Services Department and Company
Experience, Skills, and Education Requirements:
- Read, interpret, and describe technical schematics and drawings
- Measure dimensions using various calipers, micrometers, and scales, reading to within 1/64th of an inch
- Read, interpret, and enforce job associated inspection, assembly/disassembly, or testing procedures
- Ability to efficiently produce technical reports in MS Office Suite Software (Word, Excel), including scanning and uploading supporting documents and incorporating photos into report
- Communicate via email with coworkers, vendors, and customers as necessary
- Basic keyboarding, electronic file organization, and data basing
- Effective and grammatically appropriate written and verbal communication skills
- Perform basic mathematic computations and conversion
- Social and emotional intelligence, able to interact, manage and mitigate conflict with personnel at all levels of industry
- NDT experience
- Oil & Gas experience
- Experience with assembly, repair, or qualification of D&C tools
- Experience with DS-1® Vol 1, 3, 4; API 5DP, 5CT, 6A; ASTM; ISO 9001
- Ability to sit, walk, climb stairs, or stand for up to 14 hours with limited breaks
- Ability to hear: audible shop alarms, safety instructions issued verbally by shop safety coordinators or equipment operators, phone calls from project managers, dispatch and other internal and external company employees
- Ability to see visual defects as small as 1/64" in tools being inspected
- Ability to carry a tool bag, computer bag and other personal effects to/from worksite (50lb)
- Ability to travel via automobile or airplane
This is an on-call hourly position often requiring non-standard and irregular working hours, up to 16 hours/day. Technicians will receive either the 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 4th weekends off each month. For months with a 5th weekend, all technicians are on-call. Technicians are required to have reliable transportation with the ability to travel 250 miles from home base. Multi-day, overnight travel may be required. Technicians must provide their own laptop and MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.