Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Dynamic Pressure Management (MPD / UBD)
Other Skills: LACT
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carrizo Springs, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
SUMMARY: Visits client sites, including pipeline facilities, terminal storage facilities and petroleum/petrochemical refineries to perform gas/liquid meter calibrations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Receives orders, obtains information and gathers paperwork from Field Supervisor(s) on movements.
· Responsible for inventory on company truck.
· Responsible for collecting customer data from flow computers on a timely basis according to schedule of cycle work.
· Collect gas and liquid samples as required by customer schedule.
· Operate basic measurement equipment, pipeline equipment, valves, laptop, etc.
· Ensures that all equipment is in good operating condition - calibrated verified, correct and clean. This includes safety and monitoring equipment appropriate to the job.
· Reports to job-site punctually and observes all Inspectorate applicable federal and state regulations and standards, Pipeline, Terminal and/or Refinery requirements, including safety standards.
· Attends "Key Meetings" with external personnel. Represents Inspectorate by appearance and conduct. Behaves ethically at all times.
· Communicates any problems, discrepancies, or other noteworthy incidents to the Technician Supervisor without delay.
· Work safely in the presence of hazardous materials as defined in the appropriate Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
· Promptly and accurately completes all required paperwork and distributes copies appropriately.
· Reviews any discrepancies with Field Supervisor, signs and returns field ticket.
· Minimum 40 hour work week but hours are dependent on work assignments.
· Supports and participates in Inspectorate's Business Management System (BMS).
· Attends company meetings as required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TRAVEL: This is a field position. Candidates must be willing to travel extensively within the assigned area, with potential to grow across the US and globally.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· Entry level candidates with the right background will be considered.
· Background with Pipelines, Oil and Gas Producers, Refining or Terminal operations would be desirable.
· Knowledge of petroleum products and their storage & transportation and associated governmental regulations would be beneficial.
· Military candidates with a fuels background are desired.
· Mechanical skills and knowledge/use of tools in a product piping environment preferred.
· Knowledge of company HS&E procedures and associated governmental regulations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS:
· Must have a valid driver's license required along with a good driving record.
· TWIC is required for this position.
· Must be able to meet all requirements to obtain a TWIC, Safe Land and Safe Gulf, DISA and ISNETWORLD if hired.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands, and arms; and climb or balance. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear; and taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and drive an automobile.
Employee is frequently required to climb and descend stairways, ladders, and gangways. The employee must regularly lift and/or move and/or climb with up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions; and near flammable material. Employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. Possibility of occasionally working in enclosed spaces.
Appropriate safety training is provided.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.