Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Monaca, Pennsylvania, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Process Engineering Manager (PEM) is responsible for providing Technical Support and Assurance to the operating unit production teams as well as capital project development and execution. The PEM provides primary supervision of process engineers that provide 24 x 7 support for Olefins, Polyolefins, Utilities, and Logistics operations and Turnarounds. The PEM manages distribution of work, assists with implementation of work processes, mentors, coaches, assesses performance and provides feedback. The PEM is responsible for managing relationships with P&T including the site service plan budget. The PEM provides opportunity for development of leadership and supervisory skills for those individuals seeking to gain management experience and exposure. The PEM is expected to be a role model for the Pennsylvania Chemicals Vision, Mission, Values and Behaviors. The PEM reports to the site Technology Manager and is part of the Technical Leadership Team and the site Extended Leadership Team.
- Being an active champion for HSSE and setting a personal example for others.
- Coordinating process engineering resourcing for day to-day, mid-term and long-term technical assurance, production support, and improvement of the site process operations.
- The Process Engineering Manager has responsibility to lead technical professionals to support Production in achieving safe, environmentally sound, reliable and profitable operation of the site.
- Providing mentoring/coaching to staff in their development
- Providing work performance assessment and feedback, including primary GPA administration, development of
- personal goals, monitoring of goals progress, and development of training plans.
- Assuring appropriate onboarding, mentoring and development of new process engineers (and process engineering contractors) assigned to the group (new hire or experienced).
- Ensure HSSE, technical, and relational competencies are developed, aligned and maintained to global standards for all operations, process engineers and graduates
- Providing leadership in identifying best practice opportunities and championing their implementation as appropriate
- Assures implementation and maturation of proactive monitoring and control conditions tools such that all variables that need to be monitored are done systematically with appropriate actions taken when variables are outside of norm.
- Provides resources and ensures technical assurance for capital projects
- Budget control of catalyst and non energy variable cost,
- outside technical support contract costs is another key deliverable. The functions for carbon and energy management are in this department.
- Sit on the Technical Leadership Team and help drive technology strategy for the site.
- The PEM may be asked to participate on the Incident Command Team.
- Ensures implementation of all Technology owned site work processes in alignment with the AMS (including the development and implementation of relevant KPIs).
- The PEM works closely with other groups in technology, engineering, business and the production departments
- To deliver and drive improvements in the Business Plan Interface with Projects & Technology (P&T) to coordinate technical assurance for plant support and project designs.
In addition to supervising and mentoring a large team of process engineers, the Process Engineering manager is responsible for a cost budget - mainly salaries and outside contract technical support. This role is also responsible for non-energy variable costs such as process and water chemicals, and acid. Direct staff are Operations Support Engineers of various experience ranges. The Process Engineering Manager is the primary back up for the Technology Manager. The PEM is responsible for day to day support to Production including a) Operational Excellence; b) Operational troubleshooting; c) Process Unit Optimization; d) Continuous improvement of operation. e) Business Improvement Plan; f) Benchmarking
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in process engineering with Olefins and / or Polyolefins experience is desired.
- Capacity to operate in a top manufacturing site leadership role.
- Proven skills in delivering quality work through others to deliver concise, clear presentations of data to top management.
- Able to manage and mentor a large team, and deliver excellent 24X7 technical services to the field, often through personal availability to do so and effectively through the operations support engineers.
- The successful candidate for this position will need to work as a full partner with their peer level Production Unit Managers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video