Skills: Business Development, Sales
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Direct Business Consultant located in Ontario or Quebec through December 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Position is responsible for growing Chevron's share of wallet and overall profitable growth with existing customers in the Provinces of Ontario and Quebec . Primary focus of the role is looking for ways to expand business relationships with direct customers, utlize value based selling tools and Challenger Sale behaviors to drive profitable growth. The Business Consultant will work closely with other Chevron sales team members including Business Development Specialists to develop new customers. The business cojnsultant owns the overall P&L of the customers in his/her portfolio.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Lead Generation: 1)Generate own share of wallet Leads and Opportunities as well as provide input and work with Inside Sales in lead generation and prioritization
- Needs and Solutions: 1) On-going needs assessment activities with existing customers to determine opportunities for Share of Wallet growth
- Presentation: 1) Review & approve pricing strategy for customer 2)help business development specialists present offer 3) negotiate offer details 4) close the sale and as necessary 5) revise proposal, pricing and contract
- Activate & Transition: 1)Work with Busness Development Specialists to develop a transition plan that includes key issues, milestones and stakeholders as needed for new accounts 2) leverage Inside Sales Team and Activation Process to activate new customer locations and lubricants gallons as efficiently as possible
- Retain and Grow:1) Periodically review the progress and status of relationship and work to solidify customer relationship 2) Evaluates the company's performance with the Scorecard and suggest alternative/additional products/services/solutions 3)Educate, update and inform the account on subjects that they might benefit from 5) Networks and develops working contacts within all levels of the organization. 6) Segment customers according to desired level of Engagement and possible Growth, develop Account Plans, and apply resources accordingly
- Business support: 1)Strategic business planning: Provide customer business-specific advice and recommendations 2) BC should be viewed as a resource by the customer to use in their own business planning activities
- Pricing: Review current pricing and identify opportunities to improve pricing strategy
- Troubleshooting: Ensure that the Business Support Team (Louisville, KY) support is satisfactory and that critical customer needs and satisfaction metricsare maintained
- Promotions & Marketing: 1) Reinforce promotions and marketing programs and available tools. 2) BC works with customer to understand value of promotions, and assist in documenting that value (working with Marketing Communications Teams)
- 4 year college degree required
- A minimum of 5 years sales experience required
- Bilingual fluency in both English and French
- Proven strong business acumen and business strategy knowledge
- Demonstrated industry expertise in customers' fields
- Track record of building strong customer relationships
- Proven ability to differentiate support levels based on customer needs
- Record of leveraging the organization to pull in additional resources where necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Significant travel 60% of the time in the Provinces of Ontario and Quebec
- Masters Degree Business Adminsitration
- 10 years experience preferred
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.