Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Product Supply and Trading Business Analyst located in San Ramon, CA California.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Conducts Product Supply and Trading (PSAT) business analysis and monitors business unit compliance performance in order to make recommendations on next steps;
- Understands exposure, profit and loss, and mark-to-market (MtM) reporting and able to manage, explain, and report financial earnings;
- Supports the development of the annual business plan;
- Supports the Business Analyst Team Lead and Commercial Business Manager with any internal analysis; and
- Back-up for other PSAT Business Analysts in San Ramon, CA and Houston, TX.
In addition to these tasks, the business analyst will work closely and liaison with trading, operations, accounting, risk control, and other global trading offices to manage deal entry and analyze exposure, profit & loss, and MtM reporting as well as provide support for the monthly performance review for PSAT Americas. The business analyst will partner with other business units and/or departments to identify and facilitate analytical process improvements and new business initiatives. The business analyst is also a key contributor to the yearly Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing for PSAT Americas.
Applicants for this position must be currently based in the San Ramon area to be eligible for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experieince in a Finance or Business related field
- Financial Acumen - Understands financial concepts and their application in the trading environment. Familiar with financial systems (e.g. SAP) and is able to effectively provide a bridge between the operating and the Finance organizations. Familiar with business planning and/or budgeting process.
- Analytical, Data Gathering, and Problem Solving - Collects, organizes, and analyzes relevant data on customers and market conditions to make informed business decisions. Gathers and synthesizes market information to assess trading strategy.
- Multi-Tasking, Ability to Prioritize and Results Driven - Prioritizes work flow and manages multiple stakeholders and or-issues. Ability to independently identify an opportunity, facilitate a solution, and get results based on the findings and conclusions drawn from analytical work. Working knowledge of economic modeling and project management process. Manages time efficiently and completes tasks in a thorough-detailed manner.
- Communication - Comfortable and effective at dealing with a diverse group of customers. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Effective at conducting meetings, presenting rationale in a clear and organized manner while ensuring understanding of complex issues. Effective at communicating with all levels of management while directing discussions toward a conclusion.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions: Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.